Why no Yahoo/Gmail Email Address allowed

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Was going to renew my membership on-line and double checked my email address so that I could have a password sent to me. Still has an inactive email address listed from 6 years ago.

Tried to use my Yahoo email account which is perfectly acceptable for just about every other website and receive a message stating that the administrator has disabled Yahoo/Hotmail email addresses.

???

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not personal but a lot of site wont allow them. spam coming from those domains is ridiculous

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup. You got it.

Reminds me now why I do not have my personal address on there. Was looking at it recently and I could not gigue out why I had my work address. Now I remember why. :rolleyes:

V

Venomiss

Was going to renew my membership on-line and double checked my email address so that I could have a password sent to me. Still has an inactive email address listed from 6 years ago.

Tried to use my Yahoo email account which is perfectly acceptable for just about every other website and receive a message stating that the administrator has disabled Yahoo/Hotmail email addresses.

???

The email that is listed was provided from our previous company from what you provided to them.

If you need your email address changed to send a password to for online renewal then send an email to
[email protected] with the new email you want listed.

We will go in and change your contact email manually for you. Please read about that in the VCA members section too as it has been discussed.
We are also processing updating all members as they renew. Many records have old phone numbers, address, and Viper information.

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should all get @viperclub emails. =D

It does use Gmail, it accepted mine. If not then I would not register.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember that the two systems are completely separate: The membership database will accept any email address as it is not used for posting, etc. The forum database is the one that is picky due to spam.

Around four weeks ago the reCaptcha image verification system was hacked/broken. Numerous forum sites use it, including the VCA. Fortunately, we have one fine hurdle even if you pass the image verification: The registration is reviewed by a live human being that volunteers on the site.

Well, we experienced an unprecedented spike in spam registrations around that time - sometimes hundreds in a day. Given that we only have a couple folks that have volunteered to serve as the final "gatekeepers" for registrations, it was simply overwhelming. We have found that very few VCA folks will quit their paying jobs to volunteer 60 hours a week, so we made the decision to shut down Gmail registrations, which 99% of the spam bots were using. We had already disabled Yahoo and Hotmail registrations many years ago - before we even had reCaptcha in place.

Now, if you are already registered on the forums with any of these domains (hotmail, Gmail, etc.), then you have nothing to worry about: The system doesn't kick out those email domains, it simply prevents new registrations from using them. Will we fix that? You betcha. Some sites have already implemented simple Q&A protocols that a bot usually can't address. Supposedly the reCaptcha system is also being revised by Google. Either way, we anticipate once again accepting new registrations with these email providers in the not-too-distant future.

Finally, it should be noted that the forum moderators and admins have the ability to override certain fields such as email on a manual basis. So if Rocket62 or anybody else needs their forum email addresses updated, simply PM me, Lee00blacksilverGTS, or ViperTony and we will get it updated for you.

Again, your forum email address is NOT what is necessarily in the VCA member database and is NOT what the club uses to email you with the latest raffles, event news, or renewal information. That system is completely separate and can be found here: https://www.viperclub.org/membership You can update your own information in that system (no moderators needed), including your latest email.

When using the system for the first time you must generate a new password. Make sure you are logging in with the same email address that you originally used when you first sent in your membership application. If you no longer have access to that email account, scroll down on that "forgot password" page and there is an alternate way to gain access to your records. Many, many folks have found that their original email from years ago has long since been disconnected (changed jobs, etc.) but was never updated at VCA HQ. Now is your chance to update your information, including Gmail email addresses. Have at it! :2tu:

TheMilkman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if you only have a MSN / Hotmail / Gmail / Yahoo account available to use then you might try a temporary email address just so you can get signed up.

Check out Best Temporary Email address web sites.

I've used those sites before when signing up for a web site I wanted access to, but never wanted to get an email from.

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yea i thought it was weird when I signed up too. 100% of the other forums etc, I'm on it doesn't matter. I signed up for a Google account and had it forward to my yahoo account (have never been back on that google email since). But looks like that's not even a option for a newbie anymore.

V

Venomiss

???

If you are trying to renew online and need some help please send an email to [email protected] with the email address you want the password sent to.
We can change that manually to your updated one.

We have not received an email from you yet.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth