Why not the SRT-10 carbon instead?

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Dodge should have produced the SRT-10 carbon instead of the SRT coupe. It seems to me that the coupe only is differnet from the convertible by bodywork. The SRT-10 carbon had a significantly reduced weight and an engine that could have sold the car alone. At least my feeling is that it generated more excitement for the viper than does the coupe version. I would have strongly considered 'upgrading' my GTS for the carbon, not the coupe.

quickysrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what makes me mad is that i can find just about any part i want for my s2000, but i can only find ugly fake carbon look alike stuff for my $83,000 viper

quickysrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure the Mugen CF roof should be modded to fit on the SRT.

All kidding aside there is some real quality stuff for the S2K

there should be fenders, doors, trunks and hoods avail for our vipers. we would easily loose 200 or more pounds.

i see teens with civics decked out in carbon. we should have those options too.

wish they made that carbon viper.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's because of the low production numbers that there aren't as many aftermarket products compared to the Honda.

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Dodge should have produced the SRT-10 carbon instead of the SRT coupe. It seems to me that the coupe only is differnet from the convertible by bodywork. The SRT-10 carbon had a significantly reduced weight and an engine that could have sold the car alone. At least my feeling is that it generated more excitement for the viper than does the coupe version. I would have strongly considered 'upgrading' my GTS for the carbon, not the coupe.

I couldn't agree more. Especially with the chromed out motor. If they would have come out with that, the viper would have kept it's place on top like it had been for the last 12 years. Now the new Z06 might very well be faster.

HiYoSilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SEMA -2003 SRT Cowl Air Induction System & Hood

You must be registered for see images

The Forced Air Induction System with the Carbon-style hood would easily juice up the hp on the SRT conv & coupe. It would be a neat OEM option or upgrade !! What do you think? - then put away any ZO6 with power AND gorgeous appearance! (600hp/625 ft-lbs)
:2tu: :usa:

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: SEMA -2003 SRT Cowl Air Induction System & Hood

Mopar is missing a sales opportunity. If they made these parts available, people would buy them.

I've spent a ton of money on modifications and improvements to my car, and none of it has gone to Dodge.

I'd buy just about everything from the SEMA car if it were available.

eagles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fiorano,
Right on, there is a passion lit in me when I see or read about the srt-10 carbon concept, and there is boredom set off when I look or read about the srt coupe. Sure it may be a little outside the box but that's what many of us want. I would plunk a heap o dough down to get a carbon and I would stand in line to get the chance to buy one.

While the coupe is ok it doesn't inspire me to want to own a third viper.

If dcx would at least make the cf and engine parts shown on the carbon show car so we could buy them I would be semi happy. dcx, please throw us dogs a bone. -------------please-----------

You need to take it to the next level or you will surely cause its demise.

Come on dcx get some brass ones and do something sweeeeet!

eagles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave