Why was my post edited? Here we go again!

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made a post in Larry Macedo's thread in which I congratulated him for his recent success in tuning his twin turbo car using the kit from a certain well-known (infamous) tuner from Houston, Texas.

My post was edited by a moderator on this board removing the reference to the tuner in question. This is complete nonsense.

1) I was never notified in any way, shape, or form that my post was going to be censored.

2) I tried to edit my post (to remove it or at least change it to a blank post) and of course, my time to edit it has expired which doesn't allow me to make any changes.

3) Why is it ok for a moderator to change my post (and in my opinion change the context of the post) without my permission or at least notification?

I wouldn't have brought this up in this public forum, but since there was no indication in private that my post was going to be edited, I post this here for the rest of the board members to ponder.

--------------
2000 Black RT/10
Heffner 1000SCi 843 rwhp 792 rwtq 10.20 ET @ 141 MPH
Heffner Performance - Home of the World's First 9-second supercharged Viper!

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good grief.. your right Gary here we go again.
Did we not learn from our past?!!

"Can't we all just get along"

I thought we had this editing craaaaap a done issue!!!

Joe Houss were ya at buddy? clarification please...We are under the new non edit
administration! :) Not the former shanigans format!!!

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It wasn't long ago I was talking to [******] - we were talking about [******] and [*******], but for some reason the phone kept cutting in and out. I said, "Geesh, [******], do you think [******] is listening in?" He said, "Nah, but someone else might be." lol

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Truth is, Tony, most people lack the will to fight the good fight. It was fought and lost and most people just gave up and walked away.

This site is like the public library - no loud noises, no cussing and absolutely no republicans. Anything that doesn't fit into the generic, gets removed. Only they don't want you to see it like that - they want you to see the value in a nonconfrontational website which caters to 12 years old and adults alike. And, there are alot of people here who like that - so is that wrong?

I've made many suggestions over the past year - none of which were taken seriously. The club wants all types, but in here the club wants everyone to act a certain way. All the unique individuals which made this site so interesting have largely left. Now all we can look forward to is the occasional slam on I-was-here-first-JonB for a little entertainment value; but that's about it.

The site wont change because there is no incentive to change. There is nobody within the ranks that cares to see the site any differently than it is now. This isn't a slam on those people - its just that those people either want it this way or feel there is nothing they can do to change anything, so they don't try.

Know what happens when you tell creative people they can't be creative? They rebell. Might as well tell them they can't breath. There was a time when there were some very talented people willing to do alot for the site, but most lost interest this time last year.

The question you should be asking yourself is - who make the rules and who has the authority to cahnge them? Because unless you can convince those two people of a need ot change anything, nothing will change.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How am I suppose to defend the VCA when crap like this continues to go on ?

I agree,,,, I'm relatively new to this board and I like it alot. But moderators acting like the gestapo(sp) isn't the right way to go. I understand the reason there are rules to follow and guidelines. One of the reasons I like this board over the others is because it isn't a bunch of people just slammin' everybody else. I like the fact that it doesn't allow profanity, don't misunderstand me I swear like a sailor, I just don't swear like that in front of people I don't know.
I'd like to know why exactly we can't say the "dreaded tuner from houstons" name?
I understand he's had issues but it's still not a reason to delete someones post.
Information is good for everybody, free speech is good for everybody,(vulgarity not included) communication is good for everybody,,,,,,, a few years ago some guys got together and decided something similar,,,,,,,, it started out....WE THE PEOPLE :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:

mit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This board is great for getting tech information about your car but that is where it stops. I find the "powers that be" incredibly patronizing and condescending if you say anything that could be construed as not positive. For proof, go look at the thread on the SRT-10 being allowed at Viper Days with a 90 MPH restriction. Those that point out the obvious shortcoming are labeled as whiners or not understanding the myriad of behind the scenes legal issues that our fearless leaders go to the mat to solve. We should be thanking them profusely yet we are ungrateful. At least that's the attitude I get when reading their responses.

The way that any post referring to the person at the beginning of this thread is sumarily and immediately edited is to say the least bizarre.

We lost a lot of great contributors 12 months ago and it's unfortunate.

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mit; this site was the best for tech, now, viperalley is every bit as good because almost all those here who are knowledgable are also at the alley. thats not to say this place is not good to visit as there is still a wealth of info here in the archives and search

oh and mit; regarding the 90mph in a srt10 thread; you read between the lines perfectly, oh, and 90mph still *****

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hennessy? Hennessy? are we talking about John? I met him once, Norwalk, he was pleasant and helpful with my broken car. Am I not allowed to say that?

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you guys are such whiners.. if you dont like it, start your own site and do whatever the frick you want...

oh wait, you did that huh??

:)

Eddie

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am a little confused myself, a while back I posted about selling a SRT 10 and mentioned how I would like our dealership to be like some of the other well known viper dealers...and boom...the thread was pulled. There was nothing confrontational involved at all, if anything all I said were good things about a few other dealers... I don't get it !!!
Joe

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In this case it seemed you knew the word was not allowed and added a space to deliberately bypass the system. Maybe you did it in error and did not know the word was not allowed. We apologize for any confusion.

I know many will try to make this into some big huge conspiricy but it is that simple.

Feel free to call me at home (I'll email you my number) if you have any questions or concerns regaurding this policy.

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL, it is hilarious how some say youre a whinner for posting an opinion and speaking your mind. gimme a f*cking break, LOL. speaking for myself, i never whine and complain even less. and ill easily say what i feel or think, anywhere at anytime to anyone face to face just as easily as here in makebelieveland. thats what many individuals are trying to illustrate here so often, that by simply speaking their mind theyre being "berated".this was and can continue to be a good site. but to say someone is whinning or biitching because they give their opinion is bullshiit. based upon that same premise it should be ok to biitchslap someone without them retorting, right?

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK, so I am old and slow and not well versed on all this internet stuff. Just what was said or done wrong. Would someone spell it all out so that us internet challanged readers can understand. I have to agree with MOJO on this one.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a GA rated site safe for family and kids - that's great - but this type of thing is really very silly.

If there was concern that Gary's revelation would mean indirect promotion of the H-word business - you could have pulled Larry's post - but didn't.

What are we supposed to do here - talk Zaino and play with our Buzzy Bees?

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hennessy? Hennessy? are we talking about John? I met him once, Norwalk, he was pleasant and helpful with my broken car. Am I not allowed to say that?
Wow he said the H word , yet spelled it wrong, let's see if this stays, [******].

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand why a vendor such as "H" may have advertising privileges removed, and even posting privileges if posting is abused. But how can his name be considered inappropriate? What if we had a member with the same name? Would he be caught in this as well?

I think automated word removal should be limited to the few words that are clearly inappropriate (such as the "F: word). Words that are considered acceptable on TV such as "hell," "[******]," "ass," etc. should be considered acceptable even though they may be offensive to a few.

How can we go about proposing such a change?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave