WILDASP hows the car

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok WILD did you get your new toy this morning? If so why havent you told us all about it yet? Pictures you know the drill.:eater:

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, lighten up already; I just got in here!:D

The new Snake is in the pit! Got here about 9:30 this am. Unfortunately, I had to get across town for some business before noon, so the only driving I got to do right away was backing it off the transporter and getting it into the garage. Gotta say it sounded mean (especially when firing it up the first time in a closed transporter).

I did get to drive it this afternoon: short run just to warm it up, start bedding the brakes, etc. Nothing aggressive, as I want to get the drive train settled down and some heat cycles on the brakes, and feel out the electronic throttle.

First impressions: even with the ACR suspension, this thing rides much better on the non-runflats. The car feels taut and very connected; no slop or squirming anywhere. The new tranny and the MGW shifter feel just about perfect to me. I feel better about 3 to 2 downshifts already! Expected more vibrations at idle with the Woodhouse mounts; there's not much actually. Everything else is pretty much as I expected from comments here. There is not so much popping in decel with the Mopar PCM; there's a slight surge or blip as it returns to idle, and idle seems just a tick faster. Overall, feels great! The new clutch is lighter on effort, and it is much like driving with a lightweight flywheel. Engine seems to rev quicker; easing the car around (as in coming into the driveway or garage) is a little trickier than with the old heavier clutch assembly. but manageable (only stalled it once:D). Battery voltage did seem a bit low on this afternoon's startup, so have it on the trickle charger now.

I'll get some pics up ASAP (hopefully tomorrow, when my daughter gets back-she's the one with the digital camera and the knowledge of how to load the pics to the computer). Love the Yellow with Black stripes combo; looks really great on a Viper, IMHO (but then I always did like the "Bumblebee" look).

Doggone, it's good to be back in a Snake!:drive:

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Wild! Sounds like you had a great first day with the new snake. I am looking forward to the pics.

Shiny side up! :drive:

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations on your new snake....looking forward to seeing it. By the way if you run out of room for the red and white hood, I know where you can store it for awhile

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I got some pics uploaded to the gallery. Now, someone tell me how to get them into a post.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Below each picture in your gallery is a link to the pic. Copy and paste the middle size pic into the message.

Simple.

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bruce,
I got this one from Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse, so yes, you probably have seen it before, since you're in Omaha. I had Mark Jorgensen add a few goodies to it, and the overall package was worth waiting for( had to wait for Team Tech to make up the yellow harnesses).

For anyone here who hasn't dealt with Woodhouse, I highly recommend them! Those who have, know why. It's been a pleasure working with Bill on the purchase, and with Mark on the add-ons.

Because of our summer weather here, with the heavy sudden downpours we sometimes get, I decided to set up the car with PS2s for the street and autocross, and put the Sport Cups on a set of six-spoke rims for track days. Mark got these done in black powder coat for me, and whoever he got to do it did a very nice job indeed - they look great!

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bruce,
I got this one from Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse, so yes, you probably have seen it before, since you're in Omaha. I had Mark Jorgensen add a few goodies to it, and the overall package was worth waiting for( had to wait for Team Tech to make up the yellow harnesses).

For anyone here who hasn't dealt with Woodhouse, I highly recommend them! Those who have, know why. It's been a pleasure working with Bill on the purchase, and with Mark on the add-ons.

Because of our summer weather here, with the heavy sudden downpours we sometimes get, I decided to set up the car with PS2s for the street and autocross, and put the Sport Cups on a set of six-spoke rims for track days. Mark got these done in black powder coat for me, and whoever he got to do it did a very nice job indeed - they look great!

Yes they are wonderful to have here locally and I have the same rims that used to be on Marks car. They will look fantastic on your car.

Bruce

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WildAsp, did you recently move from MD to SC? Sorry if I am behind on this one, but I thought you were the one here with the red/white vca coupe. I know you had an accident and are in a better car now. Sorry if I am wrong and have you confused with someone else.

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WildAsp, did you recently move from MD to SC? Sorry if I am behind on this one, but I thought you were the one here with the red/white vca coupe. I know you had an accident and are in a better car now. Sorry if I am wrong and have you confused with someone else.
Doug,
No, actually, I've been right here in SC all along. My last Snake was a Blue/White 06 FE coupe, and I've never wrecked one so far. I was away from this forum for a good while, though, while I was transitioning a business and getting ready to retire, and moving from the other side of Columbia to where I am now; maybe that led to the confusion. No problem though, it's all good.:) I'm still catching up with some people I knew on here before, myself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets