Will Gen 4 exhaust fit Gen 3?

06blueviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to purchase a Gen 4 exhaust for my 2006 Viper. Any potential issues with doing this?

FangZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just did the install last weekend. As Mark said, it fits right on. The sound is much improved, and you save 28 lbs I was told. I'm very happy!

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
This is a very good change, more hp / tq, less heat, more / better sound.

Just be sure to get the tips slightly forward of center when they are cold as they will move back a bit when hot.

j-rho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you guys think the '08 system will get under 93db at 50' and WOT on an otherwise stock '04? I went from straight pipes to a Corsa track system, and my car is still way too loud.

If anybody has a stock exhaust for sale and local pickup in So Cal, please let me know.

Reaction score
Do you guys think the '08 system will get under 93db at 50' and WOT on an otherwise stock '04? I went from straight pipes to a Corsa track system, and my car is still way too loud.

If anybody has a stock exhaust for sale and local pickup in So Cal, please let me know.

You should be fine with the stock cats and manifolds. If you need one call me.

j-rho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys have some used ones that can go for cheap? Maybe I can trade you for my barely-used Corsa track? Pick-up in Lincoln next month? :)

Reaction score
You guys have some used ones that can go for cheap? Maybe I can trade you for my barely-used Corsa track? Pick-up in Lincoln next month? :)

We can see what "barely used" looks like, sure. :2tu:

You will need to call and remind me though I have been forgetting stuff lately. :rolaugh:

OP
OP

06blueviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a pic of the '09 Exhaust I just received. It's going on my car today.

You must be registered for see images

j-rho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that all it is? One long-ass muffler instead of the Corsa's 2 mufflers per side? Is it straight-through with packing or is there some bouncing-around resonance stuff inside? I just wonder how that's going to end up as much quieter than a Corsa.

Looks like I may want to get one of the earlier stock systems.

Thanks for the pic!

OP
OP

06blueviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that all it is? One long-ass muffler instead of the Corsa's 2 mufflers per side? Is it straight-through with packing or is there some bouncing-around resonance stuff inside? I just wonder how that's going to end up as much quieter than a Corsa.

Looks like I may want to get one of the earlier stock systems.

Thanks for the pic!

I didn't examine the mufflers so I'm not sure what's inside. I just took a photo of them on the floor at the Dodge dealership.

That's all there is to them. They are pretty lightweight.

I just picked up my car and the sound is about the same as my old stock exhaust. It's much quieter than the Borla I had them take off my car. The drone/resonance from the Borla became unbearable. Almost night and day from the Borla as far as sound volume, but it still has the deep, signature Viper sound to it. I still get the burble/pop on decel, but not as loud and pronounced as the Borla.

It's basically the same sound my old stock '06 exhaust.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a pic of the '09 Exhaust I just received. It's going on my car today.

You must be registered for see images

This stock exhaust is straight through, no restriction, only on a 2 1/2" tube instead of the 3" of the aftermarket catbacks.
I kept my stock exhaust and got Roe Racing High/Flow Cats, sounds great, no drone

OP
OP

06blueviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to say I'm loving the '09 stock exhaust. It's the perfect upgrade for Gen 3 owners who want to get rid of the crossover.

Reduced cabin heat and great sound, with no drone. I wish I'd done this in the first place rather than going with the Borla.

My 3 month old Borla is available if anyone is interested.