will harlan sharp rockers fit under the stock valve covers

MarcRoth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WRONG, You will need spacers or pull the baffle out of each cover and minor grinding to the inide of the cover, But yes they will fit.But when the baffles are gone you will have to put a breather system inplace. Marc

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My '98 has them. I don't remember modifying anything. 4 yrs/20k miles and no issues. Seems like Gen 3's had some fitment issues??? :dunno:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It depends. On a stock engine I've installed both T&D's and Harlands and both cleared the baffles. On my modifed NA engine with head and cam work, I needed to modify my baffle to fit the T&D's. Modification took less than 1/2 hr and entailed grinding down the baffle mounting points 1/4" and reinstalling the baffles. No need for a breather or spacer unless you want to throw money away. Which Gen Viper do you have and are they any modifications to the engine?

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
WRONG, You will need spacers or pull the baffle out of each cover and minor grinding to the inide of the cover, But yes they will fit.But when the baffles are gone you will have to put a breather system inplace. Marc

uhhhhhh, yes, they will. This post is about Harland Sharps, which are ONLY for Gen-1/2 cars, technically.

Gen-3's are a different story... and topic.

Gen-1/2: HS Drop In / T&D's, Crower & Jesels however require spacers or baffles removed.

Gen-3: ALL installations require spacers, or the baffles removed AND the pedestals machined out & completely removed- far easier to just use spacers.

Gen-4: Coming soon ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave