Will this low profile jack work on my Viper??

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Exact same one I use. However I use mine with a hockey puck. I don't like the ridges on the outer ring. They could make contact with the side sill.

When I got mine I had to add fluid and burp it. Other than that it has worked great.

Oh this will only work on the side. It does not have enough throat to lift the front or rear.

0260in3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use that one and it works fine. I also have the $129.99 jack shown there and I like it better but you can't beat $69.

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to the hardware store, get a 2foot by 12 inch by 1 inch board, get a 18inch by 12inch by 1 inch and a 12inch by 12 by 1, stack'm up, drive your front tire over them, it elevates the front tire 3 inches into the air, wal-la, place your jack under the front and lift...

(or just get 1 6' by 12 x 1 and cut the boards yourself...) ..guaranteed to work with any low profile jack!

-J

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought the one pump version. The only problem I had with mine was when I tried to use it on an incline. It got stuck. It's not the highest quality but it's great for home.

vipergts2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to the hardware store, get a 2foot by 12 inch by 1 inch board, get a 18inch by 12inch by 1 inch and a 12inch by 12 by 1, stack'm up, drive your front tire over them, it elevates the front tire 3 inches into the air, wal-la, place your jack under the front and lift...

(or just get 1 6' by 12 x 1 and cut the boards yourself...) ..guaranteed to work with any low profile jack!

-J

Unless your car is dead.

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score

-J

This is what I do, but I took an old 2x6 and 2x4. The 1 bys would make it easier to get on :)

As for what if the car is dead, chances are if it is dead the fix is not under the car. If it is, then spend the money on a jack. Until then use the wood. All that jack will do it take up space next to your others.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have this jack, love it, hard to beat for the price. It is nice, light, and low.

To short to reach the front cross member though.

And Qty=2 : 2"x10"x24" with a 45 degree saw cut on one end and a 2x4 attached to the top on the other end (so I know when to stop :) )

Seem to use all of this a lot less now that I have a four-post lift ;)

prm06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same jack also. I put it under the side and jack it up about 6 inches then I roll my big jack under the center and lift it up from there if i need to get under the car.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This gets old very quick. After doing that for 5 years, I was happy to get a low-profile jack. If you rarely jack your Viper up, then the stacked boards method is doable, but if you do all your own oil changes, mounting of track tires, etc, etc, then you need a low profile jack.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets