Will this work on an 06?

OP
OP
D

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thinking of just buying it and hoping for the best, $150 isn't bad, and 1 already sold since I put this thread up. I never see them below $200

Edit: Found this link for anyone wondering in the future:

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/645004-SCT-PROGRAMMER.....

As far as I can tell, it will work. This guy just had probs with a late model 06 due to either his PCM being different, or the tuner he brought it to not knowing how to tune a Viper.

Last edited:

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will this thing actually add HP? I would pick up one for my 99 GTS if it will!! I have purchased dumber things off that website.........

OP
OP
D

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It should have preloaded tunes for your year Viper. But every car I've had in the past this has been 1 of the first things needed. $150 is a pretty good price, but keep in mind it'll cost another $300-500 to get it actually tuned to get the most out of it. Going to get all the parts I plan on doing for now, then getting them all put on together and tuned so I just need to go through the process once. Was going to hold off on all mods until I could just go straight to twin turbo, but I'm deployed and can't stop myself from buying some stuff, so limiting myself to just $2000 worth of upgrades. I have about $1000 left to go.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes it will work just fine but the unit is blank, you will have to a dyno tune with it. or you can buy a can tune Not recomemded.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you are interested in a SCT handheld programmer that is blank and needs to have a tune downloaded, then this is a great deal, less than what we pay direct to SCT. Most likely these were bought by a dealer in volume at a discount rate during a promotion.

The missing part here is the tune. If you have a stock car with bolt ons, there are tunes available in the aftermarket. If your car is highly modified you can use this tool for a custom tune on the dyno.

When choosing a e-mail tune, make sure you use a company that has proven results.

Hope this helps,

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R