Window guide fix

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen posts about the triangular window guide rolling up when the window rolls up, and I think I've discovered the problem. There's a rubber gasket along the inside of the window (NOT the infamous plastic strip) that has a V shaped groove between the door panel and the window. The bottom of the Triangular window guide needs to set in that groove. If it's on the outside your window will catch it and it will fold/roll up as you roll up your window. That's a big strain on the window regulator.

Hope this helps somebody.

sly

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Got a picture to help clarify (if you did post one then I apologize, my work computer doesn't load them)? My driver's side has this issue, so I've just made sure to stick my finger in the channel and pull it out of the way when rolling the window up. My passenger side is okay, but makes some unnerving noises on occasion.

ROYMAN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I rolled my windows down for the first time this year and the drivers side came back with some scratches... does this have anything to do with this issue?

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My rubber strip is already ripped from this issue. I need to find out where to get a replacement and then I will install it correctly. Maybe I will try to repair it with some silicone for now.

Green viper 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just replaced my passenger side from this issue, good luck with removal and install it is a pain in the ass. If your not really mechanically inclined I would not try it your self this is not a easy job. You possibly break the window regulator on removal it's a really tight fit. Good luck

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235