Windshield replacement Long Island?

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone in the Long Island area had their windshield replaced (GTS) by a competent glass place on Long Island? Looking to replace my badly sand blasted one.
Need reputable glass place and any cost ideas?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
on this site and the alley, contact viperspray . mike had his done by a chain that did nice work and for a good price.

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Called Safelite auto glass and got a quote of $439.00 plus possible molding and sales tax.
Why does that seem too cheap?
This is installed at my home too.

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ask for John 6314997373
Combined Auto Collision
4035 E. Jericho Tpke.
East Northport, NY 11731

He replaced my window for me

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a joke.
Called Safelite who were recommended by a few people and apparently are a well known national chain. No problem, in stock and they can do it this Saturday. Quoted $439.00. This was Wednesday.
Thursday get the call, oops NOT in stock. Have to go through a Dodge dealer and order it, not sure how long it will take. Not sure the final price as it is not a stocked windshield.
They want my VIN number to order it.
I said thanks for yanking me, see ya.

Last edited by a moderator:

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watched one get changed today on a 1999 and took him 2hrs tops...Glass came with the rubber trim already atached..
It was supplied by chrysler (sureglass i think)

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a joke.
Called Safelite who were recommended by a few people and apparently are a well known national chain. No problem, in stock and they can do it this Saturday. Quoted $439.00. This was Wednesday.
Thursday get the call, oops NOT in stock. Have to go through a Dodge dealer and order it, not sure how long it will take. Not sure the final price as it is not a stocked windshield.
They want my VIN number to order it.
I said thanks for yanking me, see ya.

I may be missing something, but why would they need or want your VIN?

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know.
I asked why, the guy said "we need it to order the windshield".
Thats when I said cya.
I think they quoted me wrong. How can they order a Dodge OEM windshield, come to my home and install it for $439.00? ANY Dodge part for an older Viper has got to be ridiculously priced.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should give them SOME vin number and see if they arrive at your home with a windshield. I'd give it a try for $439.

Have you asked Chuck what he'd charge?

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ended up having Safelite do it at their shop, cost almost $800.00 with tax. Chuck said it was a good deal, the windshields are VERY expensive now for a GTS. They did it in an hour while I waited, good job. Took them almost two weeks to get the windshield from Dodge. Man it's nice not looking out that sandblasted windshield!

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ended up having Safelite do it at their shop, cost almost $800.00 with tax. Chuck said it was a good deal, the windshields are VERY expensive now for a GTS. They did it in an hour while I waited, good job. Took them almost two weeks to get the windshield from Dodge. Man it's nice not looking out that sandblasted windshield!

$800. Not too bad at all if they did a good job as you suggested. I'll put this post away for future keeping. Thanks Jon:2tu:.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62