Wine Country Cruise 9/16/07

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SEPTEMBER 16th WINE CRUISE: Sue D. and Peggy B. have arranged a wonderful cruise to Hidden Lake Winery in Illinois. They have promised us reserved parking and seating. The Missouri contingent will meet at the Mason Ridge Elementary School on the southwest corner of Mason Rd. and Hwy 40 (across the hwy from Troop C hdqtrs), at 10:45. We will leave at 11:00 and proceed to a surprise location for lunch before we get to the winery. The Metro East Illinois people can wait for us at I255 and I64 headed east. We'll have an approximate 'drive by' time later. Peggy is also assembling a caravan from out state Illinois to come down and meet the rest of us for lunch. They will leave her house at 10:00. This is the perfect event for those members who live in Illinois and those who prefer those Sunday events. Hope to see you there!

OP
OP
R

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here are the final detail; please note the new meeting places and times.

Gateway VCA Fall Winery Cruise
September 16, 2007 (shine only – September 30, 2007 is rain date)
Hidden Lake Winery
10580 Wellen Road
Aviston, IL 62216
(618) 228-9111 1-888-966-WINE
We will stop for lunch on the way to the winery. Viper enthusiasts in the St. Louis Area will meet at the Commuter Lot at the south-west corner of 270 and Gravois (Hwy 30) at 10:30 and start the caravan to Illinois at 10:45 a.m. This group will meet up with the Metro-East people at the Walgreen’s at I70/55 and Ill. Hwy 157 in Collinsville at 11:15.

For the cruisers in central Illinois, the meeting place is Peggy’s house at 301 Dover Drive in Chatham at 10:15 and we will leave at 10:30 a.m. to meet up with the Missouri folks for lunch. Anyone in towns in Illinois along the way heading south, please contact Peggy to meet up. We expect to be at the winery about 2:00, depending on how long lunch takes. For anyone not able to make it for lunch, but wanting to meet at the winery, the directions follow.

The Winery plans to reserve parking and tables/chairs for us, so please RSVP to Peggy by phone (217-483-2833 or 217-652-0851) or email ([email protected]) by September 12! They also plan to have music that day and will give 20% off our bottles of wine – please bring something to identify yourself as being with the Club to receive the discount.

OP
OP
R

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had a great turnout on a cloudy day: 17 Vipers and 1 Prowler. A big thank you to Sue and Peggy for hosting todays event. A great time was had by all:

meeting up at the Walgreens
You must be registered for see images

cruising on some back roads to the winery

lunch stop at Dr. Jazz on Main Street

street view of the cars: (gotta love the cobblestones)

what's Charlie got under that hood that's so interesting??? :cool:

Hidden Lake Winery- Yes, see the hidden lake in the back if you can look past the Vipers!

our own VIP Viper seating under the tent

hill top view

my gorgeous GTS by the big rock ( yea, I can tow that ! ! ! ) kudos to my off road park job

Thanks to all that came out today and for a terrific time.

OP
OP
R

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here are a few more; thanks Charlie E!