Wiper Blades?

BYAIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What wiper blades are you folks using? I’ve been paying my dealership $100 a set for years. But I’m thinking of trying Rain X or Bosch (my parts store says they fit). The OEM ones just can’t handle the sun here in Texas for more than a year or so.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Does Bosch or Rain X actually make a Viper wiper blade? I thought the issue was more that the Viper used a very unique mounting method that isn't like any other car so you didn't have any other options. My backup plan one of these days was to see about frankensteining my own set. I've only ever put one new set on my car, but I kept the old ones (or at least I thought I did, would have to find them...). They are basically just a piece of spring steel with the actual rubber glued to them, and the rubber looks like your typical wiper. I was going to strip the rubber from the old set and see about gluing on my own from another wiper of similar size. It's awfully fiddly, but I've heard that it's been done before.

ViperDad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have long used the method of glueing with cyanoacrylate. The originals use the same glue and any cheap blade you can find to cut off the segment that is held to the blade back. Again, plain old superglue! Take it from a guy with over 5 decades of research in superglue! Just buy some generics off of rock auto and keep a stock. Remember that where you put it is where it will stick. There is no working time for adjustment. Practice or you will have to rip it off. It is also convenient to warm up the old blade to about 250 F as that softens the glue and it easily peels off and then wipe it with acetone.

ViperDad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS this will not work with silicone rubber. Nothing sticks to silicone

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBFisher