Woke the car up today... (few pics)

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, after being on the road working for 5 weeks straight, I was finally able to take a nice sunny day and let the Viper get some fresh air. I guess the Battery Tender wasn't grounded well because the voltage was low enough to just give me clicks trying to start. I pushed it out of the garage and jump started it with the truck, she fired right up. I let it run for about 45 minutes to get up to temp and burn off any moisture. This week of working from home will see my evenings spent detailing and working on the car, getting it ready for this season with the NEVCA! I can't wait to see all my NEVCA peeps, finally as an Owner!

Let's see some pics if you have them of where your Viper is currently resting to help get us through these last weeks of winter and help melt this Snow!

You must be registered for see images

:usa: Nick :usa

Hostile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool Nick. Good to see pictures of a Viper in the sunlight

now if that stuff along the blacktop would go away we would be all

set!!!:2tu:

Skeeter

OP
OP
V

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Skeeter - Good to hear from you, hope all is well down in NY. I am somewhere in NY just about every week. Was just in Carthage / Newburgh last week, you still in that area?

Those snow piles were about 50% higher just last week, I was glad we got some 40+* days here as well as a little bit of rain to help start clearing it up.

:usa: Nick :usa:

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Nick
Great to see the New Viper, I was up in Maine this weekend planning our Spring opener. Took the wife to Kittery for some shopping, YEAH. I hope to see you at the Spring opener in 56 days. LOL

Hostile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nick

Yes I am still in Newburg every week, if you are going to

be down let me know and stop by.

Skeeter

OP
OP
V

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rick, thanks! It sounds so far away, but it'll be here before we know it. As soon as the sand and salt are cleared from the roads, the car will be out.

Skeeter, that sounds awesome, will definitely let you know. We are getting into a bunch of the schools in that area so I should be down there more frequently. My sales guy and I just stayed at that Hilton right at OCC the week before last, that's usually our base of operations when we are in the area.

Hostile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nick

Let me know as I am traveling a lot this time of year to

shows and events. We will try to hook up.

Skeeter

JacksViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car looks great Nick. We're looking forward to the opener as well. So keep shining that baby up.
I keep measuring the glacier I have in my back yard. I think it'll still be there by the clambake. I think you have less snow than we do.

Jack

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nick,

I Can't wait for all this snow to melt either! I try not to look at my car until it is gone, otherwise I just get depressed. So if I took a pic of my car all you'd see is a car cover right now.

Looking forward to doing some cruising with you this summer. Donna asked about you just the other day as well. Cheers man and congrats on the new car.

OP
OP
V

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear ya Joe, looking at it just sitting there is kind of a downer, but if you sit behind the wheel and make vroom-vroom noises, it makes it better! :rolaugh:

I am hoping over the next week to get my MGW cap installed and probably replace the oil pan and gasket with 99+ pieces. Just tightening the bolts seems to have stopped the leak it had, but I would rather have the piece of mind.

Are you planning on driving the '96 around more this year? Hopefully we have good weather for it.

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sat in my car yesterday for the fist time in months and made vroom vroom noises, now just more pissed there is snow outside :crazy2:

cobraman484

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I uncovered the the car yesterday and tried the vroom vroom therapy and it worked. I felt good I said I wonder how much better I would feel if I did a vroooom vroooom so I did it. I think I threw a rod?

NSviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just fired her up tonite. The Snake has awoke from hibernation!!.See ya at the spring opener.:D.

OP
OP
V

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NSViper, are you coming down through Maine to get to the Spring Opener? If so, do you want to meet up at some point and cruise down together?

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I uncovered the the car yesterday and tried the vroom vroom therapy and it worked. I felt good I said I wonder how much better I would feel if I did a vroooom vroooom so I did it. I think I threw a rod?

Peter I should of warned you about that as these engines are getting a little old for that.

Bill

NSviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NSViper, are you coming down through Maine to get to the Spring Opener? If so, do you want to meet up at some point and cruise down together?

Yes I plan on going, just not sure where and when yet. It is a 7 hr drive to Bangor for us. So we'll probably stay there the night before.So yes It would be great to meet up somewhere enroute.
Shaun.

XTREMDRM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Nick;
GTS Owner...:2tu:...Wow has a nice ring to it.
Great color combo...:present:
Bill has a bumblebee truck also....sweet color.

The sleeping Beast....:zzz:

Attachments

• SV102520.jpg
    SV102520.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP
V

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I plan on going, just not sure where and when yet. It is a 7 hr drive to Bangor for us. So we'll probably stay there the night before.So yes It would be great to meet up somewhere enroute.
Shaun.

Shaun,

I am about 2 hours south of Bangor. I am actually right off of 95, so I would be happy to just meet you at the park and ride right off exit 75 (Auburn). I am not sure where the kickoff is, or what time the meet up will be, but we can figure it out once we know.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth