Woodhouse/Arrow Mods

Mark1107

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congratulations! I hope there is no problems with your engine, FCA is denying all warranty work with arrow pcms....

OP
OP
johniew398

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations! I hope there is no problems with your engine, FCA is denying all warranty work with arrow pcms....

Thanks. They couldn't deny "all" warranty work. They could only deny warranty work on the engine at best. Besides I would send it back to Woodhouse for anything other than minor work.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations. I saw/heard the Stage 2 car at Arrow last year, it sounded great.

Zee

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Is this 100% confirmed and stated somewhere? Many people say different things. I am leaving my car stock for sure but just curious since its debated a lot

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks. They couldn't deny "all" warranty work. They could only deny warranty work on the engine at best. Besides I would send it back to Woodhouse for anything other than minor work.

Is this 100% confirmed and stated somewhere? Many people say different things. I am leaving my car stock for sure but just curious since its debated a lot

I think that what he meant to say is that FCA has denied a warranty claim on ONE engine failure as far as we, who follow the forums, know. Unless, of course, he has inside knowledge beyond forum posts.

(This warranty issue is of particular interest to me as a buyer for a used Gen V; so, I am following it closely.)

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When i bought my 05 Neon i called Chrysler and asked about mods and they said the warranty is only void on the items you removed (this is law she said). However, if you put a monster motor in and blow the rear end, they will most likely deny warranty on the rear end based on the increased power.

OP
OP
johniew398

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
(This warranty issue is of particular interest to me as a buyer for a used Gen V; so, I am following it closely.)

Ok, here is how the warranty reads. (below). I would say if a modded car really worries you don't buy a modded car.

3. What’s Not Covered
3.1 Modifications Not Covered
A. Some Modifications Don’t Void the
Warranties But Aren’t Covered
Certain changes that you might make to your vehicle do
not, by themselves, void the warranties described in this
booklet. Examples of some of these changes are:
• installing non-Chrysler Group LLC (_Chrysler_) parts,
components, or equipment (such as a non-Chrysler
radio or speed control); and
• using special non-Chrysler materials or additives.
But your warranties don’t cover any part that was not
on your vehicle when it left the manufacturing plant or is
not certified for use on your vehicle. Nor do they cover
the costs of any repairs or adjustments that might be
caused or needed because of the installation or use of
non-Chrysler parts, components, equipment, materials,
or additives.

Last edited by a moderator:

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The benefit of moding vipers in general far outweigh warranty risk. As long as recalls are done and cleared it's a good value proposition to open up the restricted potential of these cars. I'd say if one can spend about 100k on a car then replacing common parts or even a partial rebuild in a super unlikely incident should not break the bank. The smiles per gallon so to speak of having a nice exhaust and building the car to your liking is a huge part of Viper ownership even Gilles has been on record encouraging it and specifically cited the forged internals as a function of that belief. Some cars are pretty maxed in terms of potential when they leave the factory but the Viper barely is breaking a sweat.

tiger6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is correct, as far as I know. The gentleman who had the engine failure[spun bearing]had the OEM PCM installed on his engine at the time of failure. However, prior to this happening, he
had an Arrow PCM on the car and replaced it with the OEM unit. FCA checked the "Black Box" which indicated the car had been operated with the Arrow PCM prior to the failure and has said they are denying the claim because of this. Supposedly the PCM had nothing to do with the engine failure. After talking with several people about this, it appears that those of us who have
ordered a Gen5 with the Arrow PCM and operated the car with this item have a liability that any engine related warranty claims for the first 3 years/36,000 miles will be denied by FCA,
regardless if we take the Arrow unit off and install the OEM PCM. The consensus is that we would have a possible legal position to have the claim honored under the existing warranty. And who
would want to take on FCA's legal folks with this? We would probably wind up spending more money on legal fees than the cost of just replacing the engine at our expense.
All of which raises another question. If one should experience a mechanical or electrical problem while operating an ACR on a track, will this be covered by the warranty?
Any info on this will be appreciated.

tiger6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those of you who would like to have facts concerning the '16 warranty issues with an Arrow PCM and Chrysler,there is a lot of info on what has happened/happening over on the Other site. I find it surprising that there has not been similar "coverage" of this issue on this forum. IMHO, this is potentially a serious problem for all of us who had or have an Arrow PCM
installed on our Gen 5 Vipers. Again, IMHO, it is time for the VCA, Woodhouse, Tomball, other site etc to put together a concentrated and sensible effort to have this issue resolved in a fair and equitable manner.

Last edited by a moderator:

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it appears that those of us who have
ordered a Gen5 with the Arrow PCM and operated the car with this item have a liability that any engine related warranty claims for the first 3 years/36,000 miles will be denied by FCA,
Reportedly, FCA has voided the 5 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty in the case of 2 engine failures that had Arrow controllers on them at some time. The latest incident reported listed the various systems included in what FCA "restricted." (The word restricted was what the vistim used.) The listed items included all of the items in the powertrain (including axles, transmission, rear end, etc.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper