WWII Re-enactment Fall 2010

JacksViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This years cruise to the, Collings Foundation in Stow, MA for the World War II re-enactment, is in the works. I recently spoke to their representative about the, New England region, once again visiting the facility. I was advised that parking would be set aside for us like last year. I'm trying to get an estimate on a head count. Cost per person is around $20 at the gate. I'm also looking at the, Fruitland's Museum in Harvard, MA for their Sunday brunch. But, I can't plan anything there until I get an estimate on those possibly attending. The cost for the brunch normally is $19 pp. I could finagle a group rate with 16 or more people planning on going. And, depending on how many go, this could turn out to be a pricey trip. Stay tuned for a more detailed summary of the, WWII event, I'll be posting that soon. :usa:

jack

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jack,

I think Donna and I are in. We will be staying over on Saturday night. I missed this last year, so I can't do that again. Thanks for putting this together. Sounds like you are thinking of all the details for us.

Let me know if you need help.

OP
OP
J

JacksViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Collings Foundation Hosts: [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Battle for the Airfield[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
WWII Reenactment and WWII Living History Weekend
October 9th and 10th

[/FONT]
Picture this:
Allied Forces knew the exact coordinates of the German encampment. The night before an elite German force over took a small grass airstrip just a few hundred feet away. The Allied Forces had to gain control of this airfield so they could fly in much-needed supplies. - It was going to be a tough fight.

How will the battle end? Will the Allied troops be able to gain control of the airfield and further their advancement? You will have to be here to find out. The Collings Foundation will host a Living History event you will never forget. You will be able to see original equipment from WWII in action. Everything from the cooking utensils to M1 rifles is original. Hear incredible stories directly from WWII Veterans during the Veteran's Roundtable discussion.
The only event of this type - in the world. – Don’t miss it!
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]October 9th and 10th[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Open Daily: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cost at gate: $20 Adults / $10 Children 12 yrs. and younger.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pre-Purchase Tickets and Save $$![/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This is a public event and reservations are not required. Parking at facility is limited. We recommend you show up one hour before reenactments. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Two reenactments per day: 11:00 AM and 3:00 PM.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]WWII Veterans Roundtable Discussion 1:00 PM, both Saturday and Sunday. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For more information, please email [email protected] or call 978-562-9182.[/FONT]
You must be registered for see images
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Collings Foundation grounds are very nice and make a great setting for such an event. Getting here is tricky! Click on the link above for directions. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Fiesler FI-156 Storch has an incredible history during WWII. This aircraft is well known for its versatility and easy flying characteristics. The plane that saved Mussolini! (temporarily). We will be flying as part of the battle reenactment.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Our M-16 Half-Track has been beautifully restored. The quad mount 50cal machine guns fully rotate. The M-16 will be participating in the WWII battle reenactments.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The German 88mm flak cannon was feared by all airmen. One of the first weapons to have "pre-programmed" ammunition. This cannon will also be a part of the battle reenactments.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For a "birds eye" view of the event- we will be offering PT-17 Stearman T-6 Texan and Fiesler Storch flights. Flying in these aircraft is a lot of fun! Call to reserve your flight: 800-568-8924 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Post-war German ingenuity.. A Messerschmitt minicar! On display courtesy of the Gould Foundation collection.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It will be the Allied vs. the Axis in a very memorable battle re-enactment! This living history perfomance will captivate and educate. It will take place each day at 11 AM and 3:00 PM. [/FONT]

I thought about purchasing the tickets in advance but then if it rains, your screwed so for the two extra bucks, we'll pay at the gate OH!! NOOOO!! If I commit to the brunch and it rains then what?? Okay, okay, I'll think of something else. But, taking the chance that the weather will be good, keep those cards and letters coming in boys and girls, I need head counts. Joe I'll take that as a committment. You guy's are in... :usa:
[/FONT]

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jack, better off not to make any formal commitments. You never know how many are going to show even though we have had a great turnout at most events this year.

XTREMDRM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jack
:alert:
Had A great time last years......Fabulous Cars in the museum....planes, race cars,was a ..... FUN Day.
Count me in Jack........:usa:

XTREMDRM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jack
Sorry, I had a senior moment and forgot that I have a Bill's wedding.
That will not allow me to attend your event...:sorry2:

EZ 2B Green

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this. I was interested but I was waiting to get my car back from Tator's before responding. EZ 2B Green is back online now with new upgrades for the fall events.

OP
OP
J

JacksViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to announce that the WWII re-enactment is back on again. After speaking with Joe by phone while basking in the southwest Florida sunshine, he feels that there will be enough going to make it worthwhile. So, we will meet at dunkin donuts on Sunday morning at 0930 on 10/11. Dunkin Donuts is off of route 2 at exit 38 in Harvard. Address is 188 Ayer Rd.

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wont be able to make it to the WW11 Re-enactment, I will be in NYC Saturday arriving back early Sunday, There is a good chance I will be able to make it to ScupperJacks, I'm very familiar with the area, I grew up five minutes from there!!! Hope to see everyone :eater:

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Everyone
Anymore takers for this weekend event. If you think you might like to make it. Email me or just show up at Dunkin Donuts at 9:30 188 Ayer Street in Havard, MA. Hope you can make it. Rick

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jack,

You did a GREAT job! I was really surprised by how much fun the roads are around you.

I now understand why everyone liked this event last year. So glad we were able to go.

Thanks to everyone for coming out today. It was nice to see you all again.

OP
OP
J

JacksViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Joe,
I was surprised to see all that had come along for this event. When I didn't see many signing on for it I didn't expect it to get off the ground this year, so I was very happy to see so many that made it. I hope the weather continues for next weeks Fall Foliage run, Marge and I are looking forward to it.
Thanks to all that made it today, the weather was once again, picture perfect. The event itself was just as exciting this year as it was last year when we viewed it for the first time. See ya all next week.

Drive safe.....
jack

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Jack
That was an awesome day! My hat is off to you and Margie for this great event. I just sent out some pictures to everyone. The WW2, and the cruise and the lunch was awesome. I had a blast, great job. Thanks Rick

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456