WWW.VOI8.COM is ready! REGISTER TODAY!

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: WWW.VOI8.COM is ready! REGISTER TODAY!

Site seems to be working fine now.

When registering:

If you are taking a guest, in "Step 2", be sure to hit "Add Additional Guest(s)"

If you add the guest info, and hit "Step 3" instead, it will say "Remove first name and last name to procede to Step 3"

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Hows About Modifying the Inoperative 'RAFFLE' button above into user-friendly a VOI-registration?

Remember that a lot of folks are clueless when you say 'clear your browser and then function something'.......... You lost me.

"Im NOT stupid.....I just have not learned that yet."

Reaction score

Hows About Modifying the Inoperative 'RAFFLE' button above into user-friendly a VOI-registration?

Remember that a lot of folks are clueless when you say 'clear your browser and then function something'.......... You lost me.

"Im NOT stupid.....I just have not learned that yet."
I'm not sure if what I did is what you had in mind....but I gave it a try! :) I wasn't sure if we wanted to take people straight to the registration page...so I took them to the non-flash "Welcome" page. :)

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Is there a problem with the VOI8 website? I have tried three times tonight to register without success.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just an update...I sucessfully registered but you cannot use the hotel website to reserve rooms online. I spoke to them personally and yo have to send the fax form. Bob

VinR1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

dumb question... Im not familiar with the VOI... can one just show up and admire the cars?? I dont own a Viper, not a VCA member, and dont plan to stay longer than one day... do I have to pay the full amount? My plan (since Im just a short drive away) is to drive up one morning, meet some forum members and look at the cars/vendors, and leave that afternoon... is this allowed? Is there an admission fee as well?

THANKS
Vin

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score

As I understand it,

V= Viper
O= Owners
I= Invitational

No Viper, No owner, No invite.

There were other, non VOI guests at the last hotel. I don't doubt that you could make plans to stay at the same hotel during the VOI and watch from the sidelines. I just don't think there would be any way to participate.

VinR1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

still sore about your 'hummer' purchase? Its not my fault you made a poor choice dude...

...and thanks for clearing up what 'VOI' stands for. Although it has been posted, I just wanted to thank you for explaining it again to me... in case I missed the hundreds of other times it has appeared.

Did you even read my previous post?? ...or do you just feel the need to stalk me and post rude comments in my direction?? I never asked to stay in the friggin hotel. I never asked to participate in the events. And, I figure since this is probably the largest VCA gathering of the year, it would be a great opportunity for me to meet some of the other forum members and view their vehicles, get some of my many questions answered. Is that too difficult to understand?? ...Ive even offered to pay the admission fee as well, despite my lack of Viper ownership

Like Ive said to another one of your "I hate anyone who doesnt own a Viper" buddys, if Im not wanted on this forum, just say so ...and Ill gladly leave.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My hummer purchase??? I have no idea where that came from??

Last VOI there were several people that wished to attend, and they were told that this was for Viper owners. I spend quite a bit of time sharing my Viper with other car owners that appreciate the Viper but do not own one for a variety of reasons.

In your post you mentioned wanting to visit the vendors. This is only a small part of the VOI event but it is one of the "events".

No need to get your underbrithches in a bunch there was no rude intent here, but this did get to be quite a topic last VOI.From the size of the facillity, I am sure that the hotel will be open to other guests as well as VOI guests, and to prove I am not "stalking you" I'll invite you to breakfast as my, and my wife's guest.

Stop being so hatefull life is too short. Go ahead check all my other posts over all the time I've been posting. You'll never find a post where I have been intentionally rude or hatefull. (smartass a few times)

Finally in response to your "I hate anyone who doesn't own a Viper"... Dont leave just cheer up!

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score

dumb question... Im not familiar with the VOI... can one just show up and admire the cars?? I dont own a Viper, not a VCA member, and dont plan to stay longer than one day... do I have to pay the full amount? My plan (since Im just a short drive away) is to drive up one morning, meet some forum members and look at the cars/vendors, and leave that afternoon... is this allowed? Is there an admission fee as well?

THANKS
Vin

Yes, and no.... you can certainly drive up and meet folks at the hotel and areas that are not for attendees only... like the hotels bars, lobby and such, but you'll not be able to get into the convention space, track, etc. In the past people have free-loaded on the events and food, so they got a lot stricter after the Orlando VOI.

The Web Site Social event will be held at the Texas Station Sports Bar in the Atrium, so you can certainly do that. My folks came up and met me last year and watched my brother and I run the '03 parking lot cone race without any issue. They also spent some time with my brother and I in the Oprylands Atrium.... they just could not attend the Dinners or vendor area and such. They also walked the parking lot looking at cars with us.... that may not be possible this year as the entire underground lot is Vipers only, and I'd guess security will be like at Vegas and only attendees will be allowed in the lot. Come on to the web site party.

VinR1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Steve, I apologize. I just realize I got you and another forum member mixed up and took my anger out on you and not the true recipient. Again I apologize... something to do with a rude Viper owner whining about his H2... Im sorry. PM me your info and Ill make it up to you... in fact, when I get to Dallas, Ill take you and your wife to dinner, hows that?
Vin

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62