1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X-Metal TB - Shameless Plug

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Vendor Reviews' started by Slithr, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Slithr

Slithr Enthusiast

Wow! Is this thing an automotive part or sculpture, looks like art too me :headbang: In addition, Gary and Alex at X-Metal were a pleasure to work with, I had asked for a bolt-on version of their TB, with the TPS and blade pre-installed and they were more than happy to do it, and kept me posted throughout the process. And, bolt-on it was, my wife actually installed it in about 30 min. and she doesn't like to mess up her nails.

We've all seen the OEM TB with 2 blades;

[​IMG]

Here's the X-Metal TB, look at this honker :2tu:

[​IMG]

Beautifully polished, it's making my unpolished intake manifold feel bad.

[​IMG]

Didn't do before/after Dyno runs, but she does feel more responsive and seems to have more 'Grunt' (technical term)

[​IMG]

Thank you Gary/Alex, please add one more very satified customer to your list :D

2. Wiretech

Wiretech Enthusiast

That is a beautiful piece of metal,I may have to contact Gary or Alex myself to grab one.

3. DeceptioN

DeceptioN Viper Owner

I've wanted 1 for a while but was under the impression they weren't available any more. Who'd you talk to for it?

4. Slithr

Slithr Enthusiast

Gary @ Evansville Super Bike Shop (Evansville IN) - (Eight one two) 477- 174 zero

5. TexasTorred

TexasTorred Enthusiast

Shiny.....makes me want one!!!!

6. 345s-bspinnin

345s-bspinnin Enthusiast

The TB does look really good Alan. That big blade does look like it could swallow a lot more air. Please provide some feedback on any driveability differences once you put some miles on it.

7. GTS-R 001

GTS-R 001 Enthusiast

Dipapa's 657 HP NA build has one on it, I know, I sold it to him, LOL!

8. Slithr

Slithr Enthusiast

Thanks Andres, we've put at least 500 miles on with the new TB and love it. I knew the car wouldn't be dyno'd before/after, so my only regret is that I didn't drive the car immediately before/after TB install.

Our car was down for almost a month while we replaced the OEM radiator, we replaced the radiator on a Sat. and my wife put the TB on Sun. morning before I had a chance to drive it. So, I missed the immediate before/after difference. Ideally, we'd have replaced the radiator, drove the car to remind ourselves of it's power (following a month without driving) and then repalced the TB, it would've made it easier to feel the difference without a month lag.

But, the PCM did increase the fuel mix to compensate for the additional air (No CEL), the TB seems more responsive (due to ball bearings on new shaft vs. no bearings on OEM shaft), and in theory more air in 'should' equate to more HP. As measured on the Butt-O-Meter dyno, she does feel much more responsive, seems to have more grunt (might just be the sound of more air moving?). So, I just don't know if I gained any HP but, feel certain I didn't loose any either. We're very pleased with this mod.

9. viperbilliam

viperbilliam Enthusiast

I do have one for sale but in original kit form. You would have to reuse the stock throttle shaft/linkage.

10. FLATOUT

FLATOUT Viper Owner

I installed one about three months ago and the throttle response was greatly improved. After long drives I will get slight idle searching on occasion.

Great mod!

Andy