Yay, for me...found the "other" Rent A Car RT

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hooray for me....just found the other Le Mans RT/10, #41 on Ebay. Though I only have the 1:43 scale, I do now have the set of Le Mans cars from that race...sponsored by Rent a Car Systeme.

Here are the real cars:

#40:
You must be registered for see images attach

My #40:

#41:

My #41:
You must be registered for see images

Maybe someday, I'll come across the larger scale ones...but for now, this is fine!:headbang:

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought #40 from the same guy a few months ago, but he didn't have 41 until now. They are very detailed and, at least my view, pretty difficult to find. Since I have an RT/10, I wanted these....this is pretty much the only major team to run RT/10's.

Promo Shot of #40:

Thanks....and again, yay for me!:clap2::clap2:

Last edited:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to start a general "hey I'm looking for this-and-that (Viper or SRT) model" thread. Would love to join the moderator team in addition to maybe one or more other people who can do the maintenance for this corner, I already seem to be hanging around a lot here :)

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's an interesting idea, as it seems you, Baz, Kurt and others have a good handle on what is and was produced.

I'd support this.

Thanks...cheers.

Peter

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have found others in various countries, but some only ship within their borders. Also, I find the Minichamps cars to be far more expensive and look identical. I know Minichamps is a better "collector" brand, but for owning/display purposes, why spend the extra money?

Save it in case there is another one that shows up.

I did see there was a neon colored #40 Minichamps car that was on Ebay, but have never seen it anywhere before nor any pictures of the real thing in that color. I passed on it, because i wasn't sure it wasn't a home done car.

Anyway, thanks for all the info.:2tu:

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought #40 from the same guy a few months ago, but he didn't have 41 until now. They are very detailed and, at least my view, pretty difficult to find. Since I have an RT/10, I wanted these....this is pretty much the only major team to run RT/10's.

Promo Shot of #40:

Thanks....and again, yay for me!:clap2::clap2:
thats the exact reason i wanted these. being the only racing gen 1 rt's i have seen:headbang:

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you find anything in the UK just let me know and i can send it over or even pay for it for you if they wont deal across the pond....

Baz

Viper #53

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Some other interesting 1994 LeMans Rent a car models:

- Fly created a 1/32 scale slot car for both car 40 and 41. I have both. Hard to find.
- Le Mans minatures, a French company, has painted ready to assemble 1/87 scale kits for both 40 and 41 cars and the GTS coupe. Very hard to find. I bought them when I went to the 1996 Le Mans race to root for Team Canaska Viper.

Cheers,
James Taylor

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you tell me about the flo one? Maybe you can post a pic? If you wanted to consider selling, can you send me a pm?

Also, I have recently seen the Fly cars....but very expensive and, since I'm not a collector, doesn't get me anything I don't already have (my wife hates collecting "things"....sees them all as dust collectors)

:)

0260in3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an extra 1/43 Minichamps Yellow #41 Rent-a-Car. It's new in the box. I think I paid $37 for it and I'll sell it for that + shipping. PM me if interested.

Terry