Yellow '02 coupe joins the family...(father-in-laws)

Mike94531

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Greetings,

Posting on behalf of my father-in-law that is not too computer savey :)

He just picked up a beautiful '02 coupe, yellow, with only 45XX miles on the clock !!!

Talk about a pretty car...might make me switch sides and get rid of my German air-cooled tail dragger :omg:

Only question we have right now, how to change out the plaque in the center console with the previous owners name??

Thanks,

Mike

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, welcome to the webboards!

First, great color choice! :D

Second, what plaque is this that you are speaking of??:confused:

Three, where are you located?

Robert

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup..mine was that that way once ..."a long long time ago on a......" Great choice!! Other than Sam's R/T10, I never see any "ellow" Vipers very often in the greater Tamps area. Enjoy!! Oh yea..Yellow are the fastest too.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great job on the purchase!

But... Sorry to hear you were swindled into buying a yellow Viper. I would go back to the salesman and ask for at least a 20% credit. Then with that cash get that 100hp upgrade so you can keep up with the red Vipers!

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the club!! THe Yellow Viper club that is :D. For the plaque I would use fishing line to remove the old plaque and if you want a new one with your info you can get it here Plaques & Labels

Next get your father-in-law to join the VCA :2tu: Best thing you can get to go with a Viper

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase! A little history for you, there was an engine supplier problem back in the day and all yellow Vipers were given V8's. Since it is an 02', your warranty has expired and you no longer have any legal recourse against Dodge. I would suggest calling a VCA vendor and ordering an engine from a RED Viper and have it installed. At that time, you will be accepted into the VCA w/open arms. Sad to say, you need to be ready to pay a premium. Since the yellow's were shortchanged, the engine supplier "hopped up" the red Viper engines even more than normal to make everything even

:D:lmao::rolaugh::drive:

WELCOME TO THE PARTY!! :2tu:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike - Starting to see how touchy red guys are of yellow cars? ;):D

Also dont mind Chad (V6speedlubber). He is just touchy because his car did not come with the all yellow paint feature. The factory only painted half his car yellow (the wheels) so now he feels left out of the Yellow Club!:lmao::D :pbt:

As J&R said, welcome to the yellow club! :headbang: (Oh. THAT plaque! :rolleyes: Thanks for the link Robert! Was wondering what kind of plaque was there! )

OP
OP
M

Mike94531

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcoming :)

I always thought YVAF, seems to be the norm in the highperformance world :drive:

We are in Antioch, CA, I know there is Gen II around the corner from me, have not stopped and talked to him yet (blue with white or silver stripes??...been out in the sun too long today)

Going to EuroSunday on Fathers Day in Danville (look for the Viper to be following an equally bright yellow C4S, or look for the Viper to be leading, hahaha), should be a nice drive, I am trying to talk him into joining the club, if all else fails I'll just buy him a membership to get him kickstarted...

Thanks for the tip on the plaque, I feel bad removing it, heard the sale was a distress sale, owned by a guy in Discovery Bay I believe (or Manteca)

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could always leave the plaque as part the cars hissstory. No one would question that! :)

If at somepoint down the road you really do want it off, pull it then!

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations on the purchase and welcome to the best car club....EVER!

Oh, while yellow is certainly a nice color (and has various meanings), RED IS DEFINITELY THE FASTEST COLOR....just ask any highway cop!!!:drive:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uhhhhh, Dave, just read your last post....hmmmmm, how did you get to that one????

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, and one more thing....did you ever notice that the factory engine color is RED.....since they designed and built this awesome car, they must know that RED is definitely the color of choice....uhhhhh, just open the hood of any yellow viper...what do ya see????? RED:headbang:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well Mr. Tator Sir, I mean um... well, see, ummm, how do I put it nicely, ummm..... :hmmm:

Oh screw it! Yellow Viper rule and red cars drool! :lmao: :headbang: :pbt:

:D:D:D

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, and one more thing....did you ever notice that the factory engine color is RED.....since they designed and built this awesome car, they must know that RED is definitely the color of choice....uhhhhh, just open the hood of any yellow viper...what do ya see????? RED:headbang:

Hmmmm.... does the avatar speak for itself or do you need something a little larger?

Attachments

• Viper1 034.jpg
    Viper1 034.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Viper1 035.jpg
    Viper1 035.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 9

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome to you and your Father in Law.

Membership has it's priveledges. After joining you'll have access to the many Illustrated Upgrades posted by members and vendors. Many Vendors offer VCA discounts (Viper Club of America Sponsor List) and vendors like PartsRack have everything you need because Chrysler doesn't seem to carry much Viper stock. Last week my new windshield came from Minnesota (?) warehouse and there was only 2 (?) available (the glass shop only had the eastern listing). Absolutely nothing in canada. JonB told me he has them available in Wash.

There are also many techs (like Chuck the Wiz) so post your area and perhaps you'll get returns from Vendors and techs?

Ted

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Greetings,

He just picked up a beautiful '02 coupe, yellow, with only 45XX miles on the clock !!!
Talk about a pretty car...might make me switch sides and get rid of my German air-cooled tail dragger :omg:

Only question we have right now, how to change out the plaque in the center console with the previous owners name??

Thanks, Mike

Mike, if you WANT a personalized name plate, (like some Tuners do) we have made lots of those, engraved with your FIL's name, vin #, HP, Logo etc..... like the old big-block vettes. Its the gift for the guy with everything.

[email protected]. and WELCOME

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Greetings,

He just picked up a beautiful '02 coupe, yellow, with only 45XX miles on the clock !!! Mike

PS: If your FIL decides to join the VCA, Id be happy to provide him a free doo-dad in addition to what the VCA sends him. Mine will be specific to his car. Have him join!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235