Yellow coupe with Autoform Splitter

Autoformsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just thought I would post a couple photos of a car we just had in our shop this morning. I am sure the owner will chime in when he gets home, but I couldn't wait to post the pictures.

8409DSC01642-med.JPG

8409DSC01645-med.JPG

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Wow, that looks dyamite. We have a couple of new Yellow Coupes and I have to admit I like your splitter on this color even better than others. Do you have pictures of one with the new wing or is that still in prodoction?

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the notice Tony.

Do you have more info on the front splitter? Does it install similar to the GT2 splitter?

I'm always concerned with clearance and the GT2 splitter requires cutting and takes away about 2" of clearance.

Here in the city, the GT2 splitter wouldn't last 3 blocks. :(

OP
OP
A

Autoformsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
These splitters install easily. They require no modifications to your stock fascia, and only attach in the wheel well. We have an ABS plastic piece on both sides that extends out to align the stock holes on the inner wheel well with the holes on the splitter. First time shouldn't take more than 30 minutes. Once you are used to it, you should be able to get it on and off in under 10, if not 5. These are part of the sale we have going on, so if anyone wants one, now is the time to order.

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have one of these splitters on my '96 and I wish I had installed 3M on my front facia before attaching the splitter. Because the only attachment points are at the wheel wells the splitter can move up and down at the front. This movement causes paint to be rubbed at various contact points on the facia. That being said, I still like it. It just means that I will need to repaint the facia when I decide to dispense with the splitter. Oh, and the splitter is a rock magnet. I have had mine repainted twice already.

Bob K

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey Tony,

How stable is this at speed?

ViperCrazed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
as far as rock chips go... can the splitter be clear bra'd?? But I agree that the splitter is a a perfect fit for a viper along with the wing......
10130100_4357-med.JPG

10130100_43561-med.JPG

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How stable is it at speed? I've been to 165 with mine with no problem. It actually slips snugly over the bottom lip of the facia and attaches to the screws on the front edge of the wheel well.

Bob K

OP
OP
A

Autoformsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
First, thank you everyone for the great comments. Yes, it can be clear bra'd, although you would have to get the material and cut it yourself. I know a guy who has done this, and he just purchased some extra material. Bob K. answered the question about stability already. Anymore questions, just let me know.

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are very stable at speed both on oval and road courses. I hvae never had any problem with the splitter at high speeds excess of 150 on many tracks. Caution though if you have a John Deere experience or go play in a sand box your splitter will not exactly enjoy the ride and you will be getting into your wallett(again, again, again). That being said you do not have to worry about scraping it on any driveway unless it is one with a steep angle.

Hey Tony how about a discount for repeat, repeat,repeat, repeat business?

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
Like the color combo, hate the splitter... looks tacky and gaudy.

fav. combo is yellow/black stripes and wit those wheels must be insanely beautiful.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave