You never know who's watching you...

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had another of those " I saw you driving by the...(fill in the blank)". In 7 months of ownership, I hear it at least once a week. This time was odd though. We cruised up to the Va/Md club Crab Feast in Md. It's about a 250 mile one way trip. Did the trip up and back in one day. Anyway, my daughter gets to work on Monday, and a co-worker runs up to her to tell her about this group of Vipers she saw near Salisbury, MD on Sat. Of course it turns out to be the 4 of us cruising back home. Just seems weird, 200 miles from home, and someone we know, spots us. Reminds me of what someone here wrote about what he did NOT like about the Viper. "Someones always watching".
The one I really like is when a friend says "I saw you and waved to you, but you didn't even wave back". I usually explain to them about the 50 things always going on in your head when you drive the car. Like; Is that a cop? Is that fool going to pull out in front of me? Is that a Z06 up there? Is that ANOTHER Cobra wanting to F... with me? Where did that little car go that was just at my quarter panel? Oh, STILL there.Etc..Etc.. I'm SORRY I didn't get to wave back:dunno: It all usually makes sense once they take a ride with me and see all the drama that goes on with driving around in one. Oh, by the way, I LOVE IT!:2tu:

Wicked

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I never got a "I saw you driving" in my vett's or any of my other cars. Everybody I know seems to see me driving the Viper lol. Really goes to show you how much these cars stick out. :)

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dodgefever,

I couldn't agree with you more, I work with about 200 people and I live a LONG way from work and people say the same thing and I swear half the time it's a 2000 Viper GTS or RT/10 in Gray, rather than my 2002 in Graphite (minute color differences, but I've had people ask how I got the top off....telling me they saw an RT/10 when I drive a GTS)....it's the same thing when I'm in another country and I tell someone I'm from Canada, it seems everyone has a cousin in Canada that they expect me to know....enjoy, Vipers are rare and everyone assumes it's you.

Also when I take people for a drive and they are tall like me, they all say the same thing...."how do you see anything out of this car?" and then I ask if it's possible for me not to see them waving....then we both laugh.

Regards,
Aaron

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62