Your chance to show that Viper drag racing scene is ALIVE!

RT10Paul

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK, boys, here is the scoop. In light of recent comments about the Viper drag racing days being over, I have a chance for you to prove everyone wrong.

April 22nd at Atco Raceway in Atco, NJ. NSCA is finally coming to Atco this year! American Super Car Challenge is a program within NSCA and it features Corvettes vs Vipers racing heads up. Here is the website: http://www.racesupercars.com/

In addition to the Vette/Viper shootout, there are lots of other classes to watch/participate in. The cool thing about NSCA is the variety of cars that participate. If you like 10.5 tire Outlaw cars then you really want to make this race as the top dogs have been at each other's throats for few weeks already ahead of this event. Nothing like watching guys rip off 6 second passes on 10.5 tires! Check out NSCA's web site for info and rules about all of the classes: http://www.nsca-racing.net/

Atco has been voted the #1 NHRA Division 1 track 2 or 3 years in a row. The track has undergone major improvements over the winter and you will NOT find a better-hooking track anywhere in the Northeast.

In 2004 I drummed up pretty decent interest in this event and we had the best turnout of Vipers the series has ever had and I hope to do this again this year. So, if you can, come out to race or at least watch the races on April 22nd at Atco Raceway!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul, sounds like fun. I would be interesting in wawtching you guys. By the way, since when did you sell the RT????? What did your wife say? LOL!

OP
OP
R

RT10Paul

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Paul, sounds like fun. I would be interesting in wawtching you guys. By the way, since when did you sell the RT????? What did your wife say? LOL!

I sold the RT back in October. Neither one of us really used the car. Every time I opened the garage I saw 50 grand collecting dust and it drove me nuts so I got rid of it. My wife didn't care; she made up for it in jewlery :D

D, it's not a rental but Atco is pretty lenient on tech. You run quicker than mid-11s but, for those who didn't know, NHRA and IHRA dropped the requirements for a roll bar to 11.50. So all stock and mildly modded Vipers can now legally run without a roll bar.

2004 saw a great turnout of Vipers at Atco so I hope we can do it again. For those who are interested, here is the entire Vette/Viper series schedule:

4/22/06 Atco Raceway (Atco, NJ)
5/20/06 Cecil County (Rising Sun, Maryland)
6/24/06 Edgewater Raceway ( Cleves, Oh) - Cincinnati Area
7/22/06 US Dragway 41 (Morocco, In)
8/12/06 Thompson Dragway ( Cleveland East)
9/09/06 US 131 Motorsport Park ( Martin, Mi)
9/30/06 National Trailways (Columbus East)

Hope to see many of you there and spread the word!!!

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Atco was cool but there was more vipers need! Nearly every viper but a steel gray GTS got beat (that had a Roe Supercharger). Here's some shots from 04. OH and it was COLD!!! :eek:
You must be registered for see images

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sold the RT back in October. Neither one of us really used the car. Every time I opened the garage I saw 50 grand collecting dust and it drove me nuts so I got rid of it. My wife didn't care; she made up for it in jewlery :D

Not bad. Was a nice vehicle, but then again I might be a little biased ;) . Will see you soon.

Drmcar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what is the time for this event, and do we have to wait all day for our turn? I was at Cecil county last year and et was only a small part of the whole day. Thanks Garth :D :D