Your fondest memories of VOI

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was my first Voi and definetly not my last . I will do what ever it takes to be part of every future VOI. I met a lot of great members, some new friends and have an arms length of amazing memories .

Every Viper trip I take, one of the most enjoyable parts is just getting there . I enjoy every minute of seat time in my car . Spirited driving is just plain fun. I had an 810 mile drive from my home to SLC. I had to work Wednesday so I left at 4 am Thursday morning . The first section of my drive I know very well I travel it weekly . Early in the morning there is rarely any traffic . So I was able to cut an hour off my trip first thing . I won't go into much detail about my drive but I definetly cut off a few hours from the time Map quest predicted it should take . Was expecting to get a ticket or two on my trip and my radar detector paid for itself once again . Saved me a few pull overs .

As soon as I arrived at the hotel . I was awestruck with the magnitude of the Viper parking area . Hundreds of Vipers , I was in Viper heaven. Every generation , color and most combinations of paint schemes. As soon as I parked I had to bring out the camera and start taking photos. I just never get sick of looking at such works of art . Amazing how you can have so many Vipers in one place and it be so rare for two to be the same . A great variety of cars to drool over .

My wife couldn't come so I brought my brother who I am sure will be a future Viper owner. Not sure who was more star struck over the cars me or him. We went and registered ,checked in , grabbed our Voi passes and swag with out a hitch. Then went to the room to change . The hotel was very elegant and had a great decor . I had a two room suite with walk out onto the pool area. ( Which had some great scenery over the course of the weekend ) I think it might have been a good thing my wife didn't come. If she had seen the bathrooms , It probably would have cost me a bunch of money in future renovations .

I was in group B so Friday was my day to do the drive and car show in Park city. Half the cars had already left for there track day at 6:30. So it wasn't too congested getting out of the parkade. We got our itenerary and maps on the way out of the parkade . First stop at heritage park . A great over view of the city from the hill. The scenery along the whole route was very beautiful. The route was a fun drive through the hills . Got to check out Olympic park for our second stop. Where they had some ski jumping going on . Then over to Park City where they closed down a street for the car show . We each got a $25 credit card for the area to use at most shops and restaurants of our choice. I had a great buffalo burger and a guiness at a pub on the strip. Took a lot of great photos . Some went on an extra scenic drive and others just went back to the hotel. Friday was our night for an offsite dinner . We all got bused to the Olympic oval . Loading went surprisingly fast and smooth for having close to 1000 people to ship over for supper .

Here we were able to try curling , some skating ,they revealed to us the new V-10 Challenger drag car . Which sounded and looked pretty incredible . There was an open bar a few different cuisines to choose from for supper. I knew that Ralph Gilles was suppose to show up over the course of the weekend , which I was excited about . I figured it would be for a speech one night and he would be on his way . I didn't realize he would be amongst us participating in a lot of the weekend .

Shortly after the introduction of the Challenger everyone was up surrounding the car . Then I noticed Ralph standing back visiting with a member in amongt everyone . I was surprised how approachable and layed back he was . When I noticed the conversation die off I introduced myself. Let him know how much I appreciate what he represents , and what he does for Dodge and Viper nation .That he is an inspiration for alot of people . (He truely is a car guy . Before this weekend I didn't know that he participates in the Viper ACR-X cup races . I don't get Versus to watch the races :( ) Then within our conversation Tom Gale walks up to us and joins in our conversation. Ralph lets me know that Tom is his inspiration and that if it wasn't for Tom there would be no Viper . Talk about feeling privileged and honored to be able to be having a conversation with a living Legend and such a gracious visionary Leader .

I have babbled long enough there was a lot of other great memories I had over the course of the weekend . Ralphs speech on Saturday night was also very memorable and a highlight of the weekend . He gave a person a great sense of where dodge and Viper was going . Faith in the company and Viper . A company that really seems to care about there customers and product . An enthusiasm that is infectious . Dodge proved to us Saturday how much they care about there customers by letting us see the new Viper . What a great way to top off the weekend . I am very appreciative of such a great weekend . Proud to be a VCA member, Dodge fan and loyal customer .

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great read. I wish could have made it. Sounds like a lot of fun hanging out with the Viper Nation. Ralph sounds like a heck of a guy. I only hear great things about him. I know he'll do us proud and produce an awesome Gen V.

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My favorite part of VOI was driving the Nurburgring viper ACR on the roadcourse. Yes this very exact car:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2mFEC2H0cY

The car really belonged in a museum but we got to drive it at speed around the track. It was amazing I have never driven a car that braked and handled that good in my life. It surpassed all of my expectations.

I can cross that off my bucket list. :2tu:

2001-V10 Power Nut

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Well said Viper ACR. I think everyone who attended had a great weekend, there were many, many highlights, and i my opinion not 1 downside !!

The entire track day setup with roadcourse, autocross, go carts & driving the SRT cars was well run & a blast. I think those SRT cars may need some new tires by the end of the weekend, lol

The scenic cruise & Park City stop, etc was fantastic, Utah is a beautiful state, I think my wife used up 50% of her carmera disk taking photos on the cruise.

Thanks again VCA, job well done !!

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talking with engineers and designers on the Viper program!!!!
Driving the ring ACR!!!!!
Seeing the new snake before anyone else!!!!!
You gotta be freakin kiddin me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love the car !!!!!!!!!!!!
Love the people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love the club!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love the company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm on a deployment so I was unable to make this one, but I've been at the last two and a few things really stick out:

Meeting Ralph Gilles, Cindi Lux, the board members, Janni and Henry Cone, the fantastic people at Viper HQ that made sure the event went well, and being amazed by their kindness and shared passion for the Viper.

The Walter P. Chrysler Museum made the trip more incredible, and seeing the actual GTS/R race cars was something I will never forget.

When I had a choice of assignments I picked the AFB in Vegas, and the ONLY reason is because I knew VOI was going to be held there that year.

The enthusiasm is always intoxicating, and it kills me knowing I missed going this year due to being in Iraq.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching my girlfriend Carmen take the 6 Spd Challenger out on the test drive at Miller. She worked several times to get a smokey burnout on the dragstrip and put the car sideways and chirped 2nd gear. She now wants her own Viper.

Bruce

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, driving the Nurburgring ACR was my highlight as well. I still can't believe they were letting us drive that car!

But my most embarrassing moment was when I was giving some Dodge managers from Detroit rides on the autoX in the corporate SRT and Herb Helbig walks over in his helmet after a run and, as the rider was getting out, I asked him if he wanted a ride next. I didn't recognize him with a helmet and sunglasses on. He pointed at me and said, "No, I'm driving." haha

TheMilkman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted my favorite moments at the end of the Girls With Vipers thread. :2tu:

I also think that it's funny that you can drive around a track at 140mph all day, but the moment you talk about most is that one squirrely turn where you almost wrecked and forced your "ride-along instructor" to clean their drawers. All mine had to say was "That was, umm, a nice recovery.." in a monotone, low stammered sort of choke. :rolaugh:

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love it that the CEO of Dodge races Vipers. He took third in the ACRX race. A CEO that is humble and gets it! That is cool!

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was ALL Ultra Cool...but I just can't get over what it was like to pull into the parking garage and see hundreds of Vipers in all colors and styles :headbang: Just walked around for an hour and talked with everyone, before going up to my room.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for asking...... Ive been to all eleven, and mine for #11 were:

-The 1000% accessability of Dodge / SRT Team. These guys and gals are FOR REAL.
--Seeing the 2012 Viper model, and "feeling" its true "Viper-ness." WHEW !!!
---Ralph's positive outlook on the future of Chrysler and the Viper. Looking FORWARD.
----Putting faces to dozens and dozens of familiar voices and names. THANKS!
-----The DOZEN history-creating MUSEUM VIPERS on display...[and one to drive!]
------Getting to re-connect w/ Tom Gale, Francois Castaing, Tom Sidlik....[and Jay Herbert!]
-------Getting to meet, and share some time with Bob Bondurant and his wife.
--------Both Doris and I got to drive the 'Ring car...[and we gave out 100+ record decals]
---------Learning the West, East, and FULL course at MMSP.......very glad this was the VOI-11 Venue.
----------Getting to drive & share the Pace / Parade cars for NARRA, Viper Cup, and World Challenge!
-----------Working with SCCA folks there, and even a stint working at "Pit Out" while Doris was OPC.
------------ Oh, yeah: A VIPER WON THE BIG EVENT: Woodhouse-Wittmer # 13 VCC

Thanks to all the volunteers who made it possible, and special thanks to those who otherwise supported and/or sponsored the event. Those that come to mind are:

Owner-Attendees.
DODGE, Dodge Motorsports, and MOPAR
Dues-paying VCA Members and officers everywhere.
Arrow Racing
Prefix
Roe Racing
MGW
Venzano
Bob Soroka ["Mad-Bob" Airbrushed hoods / parts]
NARRA and World Challenge
'Gentleman Bob' Woodhouse for SO much, including Kuno Wittmer: VIPER WINS !!!
Tim Galyean Photog.... gave away 1000+ 'proofs' ! [Buy Something Guys! ]
The Colorado Region VCA
Archer Racing and Snake Oyl for track hospitality and support
"Retirees" Grailkeeper and Mamba King for keeping us hydrated and entertained.
Cindy Lux - Lux Performance

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The farwell dinner was great as well on Sunday night . It was nice to Meet JonB, listen to Tom Gale answer a Q&A session . Everyone there I think was able to walk away with some sort of Viper memorabilia . Thank you for hosting it JonB. There was some great door prizes and give-aways . I recieved a Viper Sweater as well as the Laguna seca and Ring record stickers . Thank you JonB, and the Utah/Colorado club for hosting the supper.

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't hate me for saying this...
but my fondest memory of VOI11 was winning the VoooDoo Raffle!!!! :yay:
WooHoo!:clap:

Steph :flirt:

Who could hate you for saying that? A memory you'll always cherish and should be your favorite moment! Congratulations!!!:2tu::2tu::2tu:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Don't hate me for saying this...
but my fondest memory of VOI11 was winning the VoooDoo Raffle!!!!
WooHoo!...........Steph :flirt:

That probably trumps even Kuno Wittmer's fondest memory!

Congrats again to you and Glen..... [and I believe I owe you a banner !?!]

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon B... any chance you know where the track decals showing the Viper recode laps can be purchased that we saw on many of the Vipers at the VOI?

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For me, I loved the B groups spirited drive to Park City....20'ish Vipers going up and down the foothills.

I enjoyed hearing Steph scream when she won the #1 Voodoo Viper.

The dinners were great, seeing all my friends from all over the US and catching up with them. I was very excited to hear Ralph's vision for where the Dodge products, especially the Viper are headed and the sneak peak was pretty nice!!!

I also enjoyed my pre-dinner swim each day and great weather we had....signs of a fabulously planned event!!! (kudos to all the VCA officers who made it so amazing!)

Race day and meeting more of the Dodge staff was very neat; I was excited to hear that they've been moved into Dodge and their enthusiasm was really high....heck they gave me a Dodge Motorsports t-shirt!!

I can hardly wait for VOI 12!!!! (I'm hoping to have a 2nd Viper by then....and hopefully a woman with me who can drive a Viper capably and maybe place in the autocross event)

Regards,
Aaron

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everything he said and I also concur with Viper ACR, already did whatever it takes to attend this one and I got bit SO BAD that I will keep attending VOI's for as long as I live :headbang:!!!!!!!

Talking with engineers and designers on the Viper program!!!!
Driving the ring ACR!!!!!
Seeing the new snake before anyone else!!!!!
You gotta be freakin kiddin me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love the car !!!!!!!!!!!!
Love the people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love the club!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love the company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yeh, one of the afternoons I was walking out of the Grand America when a white SRT convertable with two guys in it came racing down the street so I yelled "BURN IT BABY!!!"... guy turns onto the Little America driveway and smoked 'em :rolaugh: :headbang:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Oh yeh, one of the afternoons I was walking out of the Grand America when a white SRT convertable with two guys in it came racing down the street so I yelled "BURN IT BABY!!!"... guy turns onto the Little America driveway and smoked 'em :rolaugh: :headbang:

You think that was funny? A Highlight?

Two burnouts were done on that beautiful and expensive tile drive, and the Hotel management told me they would have to hire professionals to clean it. One of the guys was a Colo (drunk) and now we know the other. Hotel has it on video, and I suggested they bill the JERKS that gave us our only black eye. I called that my 2 LOWLIGHTS....

Otherwise, the hotel LOVED US...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss