You're invited to the Last Viper Off the Line Event!

Fiona McKenna

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As the Viper Nation eagerly awaits the birth of the Next Gen Dodge Viper, it’s time to bid a proper bon voyage to the Snake the VCA has come to know and love. And thanks to the folks at Dodge, YOU can be there to experience the “Last Viper Off the Line” event!

Mark your calendars now for July 1, 2010, for perhaps the ultimate can't-miss event in the history of Viperdom. The last current-generation Viper is set to roll off the line at the Conner Avenue Assembly Plant (CAAP) in Detroit, Mich., with VCA members from all points on hand to cheer, photograph and videotape as D’Ann Rauh (the lucky owner of the final modern-day Viper) takes ownership of her historic Snake.

The “Last Viper Off the Line” event will kick off at 11: 30 a.m., as attendees arrive at CAAP for a group photo to be taken at 12:15 p.m. sharp. At 1 p.m. the CAAP hosts will open the plant doors and the group will head directly to the end of the production line. The final current-gen Viper will enter the world accompanied by the fanfare of a special ceremony and some yet-to-be-revealed guest speakers you won’t want to miss.

Following the historic Viper’s birth, VCA attendees and special guests will head over to the Walter P. Chrysler Museum, in the shadow of Chrysler Group LLC’s world headquarters, for a reception. The museum will also boast an added attraction— Born to Race – Dodge Viper Racing Heritage, featuring an amazing collection of the most significant Vipers to hit the streets and the track since the Viper debuted in 1989 as a concept car.

The “Last Viper Off the Line” event will not include a registration fee - it's free to all VCA members who want to attend. Local accommodation options include the Centerpoint Marriott in Auburn Hills, Mich, which will offer shuttle bus service between the museum and the hotel during the Walter P. Chrysler reception (please note lodging must be made on our own with the Marriott).

Here’s your chance to say, “I was there!” during one of the most pivotal moments in the storied history of the Dodge Viper. E-mail registration forms will be going out in the next day or so. Please email [email protected] if you'd like a registration form. Hope to see you there!

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Your invited to the Last Viper Off the Line Event!

Is the museum event still from 5PM to 8PM? Please advise. Due to the flight schedules in place for airlines that serve Detroit, for many it would be necessary to fly in on June 30 in order to make an event at 11:30 AM on the July 1 and then fly home on July 2 in order to also attend all the functions on July 1.

With the July 4 holiday coming up that weekend, it would have been far more efficient and more thoughtful and considerate to have the reception event from 5 PM to 8 PM on June 30 and the plant event the next day either as scheduled or, preferably even a bit earlier. Then, for people like me who would have liked to have attended, it would just be a one night trip which does not involve flying on Friday, July 2 - a day that will be a mad house at the airports and will undoubtedly conflict with family vacations.

It should be noted that I inquired about this previously and was informed that the schedule could not be changed even though nothing but a preliminary email had gone out. What I do not understand is why it cannot be changed. Chrysler has complete control of both venues.

Also, having the reception after the plant closing instead of before the plant closing does not seem psychologically appropriate. Normally the eulogy is before the funeral. JM2Cs

Disappointed Bob

Last edited:

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My regards to the fine men and women who make the best automobile in the world. Some of us have tried over the years to state how we feel on your great work ethic and outstanding products. Unfortunately, it seems that despite some of our comments, the "end of the line" is here. The Viper was never just about the "car", but also about the hand built quality of this icon. Without the people doing the heavy lifting, it would never have been.

I wish you all continued success in your careers and hope that you find employment within the company or in an external organization.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have been to CAAP 6 times or so......I would be there if not occupied otherwise for a long time already. Take pictures, please :2tu:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would it be possible to get a tour of CAAP perhaps the day before or the morning of the event? Although, I suspect it would be a rather sad and empty tour if there are no Vipers on the line, except for the last one. :(

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 comments--I agree with Bob that this is really a dumb date to do this. Was Christmas Eve unavailable? Also, I have a deposit down on a Final Ed (for months) and this is the first I have heard of this--nice customer service.

Last edited:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand having the event on July first since, as I understand it, that is the last day the plant is open. What I don't understand is having the reception AFTER the plant closing ceremony. That decision is, to say the least, flawed and illogical to me. Unless the mystery speakers are geeks without families ( not that there is anything wrong with that), I am sure that they would prefer to speak on Wednesday evening, June 30 and not Thursday evening, July 1. Did anyone consult with THEIR families? I may attend anyway and just leave before the festivities end so I can take a flight out Thursday evening. I have not quite decided whether that makes sense. My heart says "yes". My mind says: "What? Are you nuts?"

Last edited:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My heart won out. It will be great to see those of you who will be attending the function at CAAP. Unfortunately, because of the schedule, it will be necessary for me to leave for the airport shortly after the CAAP function ends. Please have a piece of cheese for me at the Museum. By the way, for those of you coming from out of state, note that CAAP is a 35 to 40 minute drive from the hotel mentioned in today's email. However, it is close to the museum.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those of you who are coming in Wednesday night but cannot stay over Thursday night, there is a Marriott Residence Inn about fifteen minutes from CAAP at 30120 Civic Center Blvd., Warren, MI 48093. The telephone number there is 1-586-558-8050. The reservations person is Jennifer.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've taken 3 days off from work and will be leaving New Jersey June 30 and will stay until July 2nd. This is something I cannot miss! :2tu: