Zaino help please

Reaction score
Would appreciate some advice on what products to order to accomplish my needs. Thanks in advance.

1) 1994 Red RT/10, great paint, clear coat, I have a couple coats of Zymol on the hood, grill, & mirros, but want to start over with the good stuff. What do I need?

Also, want to coat the rims with the polish I thought I read about here that would help deter brake dust. Please identify!

2) 1991 Black Mustang 5.0L convertible...clear coated??? Same questions apply...what do I need for paint to rip off old wax layers and lay a good base for the Zaino waxes. Also, same for the Pony rims.

Thank you,

Tom

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would start by washing the car twice with water and dawn dishwashing liquid.

Then I would clay bar the cars to make sure all the dirt is out of the imperfections in the paint.

Then apply a lite coat of Z1 polish lok.

Then come back with a coat of Z1.

At this point, you can Z6 or wait til the next step. Just want to Z6 between coats.

Wait 24 hours and coat with Z2. Repeat as you see fit.

Now, if you have swirl marks, you want to substitute Z5 in for Z2 for the first coat, then come back with Z2 later.

Always use Z6 between coats of polish but not immediately after the Z1.

I hope this helps.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Performin',

Thanks. What do you suggest to get that 'drenched', wet look on the tires? I saw one on e-bay awhile back with incredible looking gloss.

Thanks,

Rollo

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course Sal Zaino has a product but I have never used it. I have McGuires Endurance but probably use Armourall Ultrashine protectant most of the time. I hope you have fun. You will be super proud of that ride when you get finished.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've used Zaino's tire gloss product and I was amazed!!!! It has a great gloss, no greasiness and it lasts a looooooong time!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth