Anyone have PICS of Silver SRT with fader strip and black rims?

mark777

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a '04 SRT-10 with black fader vinyl stripping across doors and am considering two things:

1) Wonder what the stock rims would look like if done like what comes with the yellow SRT-10's I have seen (what was done to these rims to make them look black and do you think it looks better than stock chrome)?

2) Also considering adding the carbon fiber rear convertible boot cover that has been shown in this forum

Thoughts? Want to add some extra "ummph" to the look while keeping it clean...

Mark

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am afraid I don't, but somebody is welcome to Photoshop this one and do a color replacement (never have figured out how to do that):

You must be registered for see images

Of course you may want to delete that hood stripe too while you are at it...

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a '04 SRT-10 with black fader vinyl stripping across doors and am considering two things:

Mark

Mark, can you tell me how to get the "black fader vinyl strip"?

I too have a silver SRT and am interested, after all, it looks great and can come right off, correct?

Ken Lally

OP
OP
M

mark777

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ken,

As far as I know it should be able to be removed... not sure about whether the paint will look slightly off from the rest after being in the sunlight over time once removed...

You can get it from www.autoformgroup.com

Mark

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ken -

Dropped you an e-mail, but here is the gist of it: You can purchase these very high quality decals from PartsRack, Autoform, or even the designer directly. Here is his car in silver - the one that inspired me and several others:

And here is my rather pathetic attempt to make the wheels darker as per the original request:

They can indeed be removed just as they are applied, and that is with a heat gun. As noted above, if you leave them on for any extended period of time there is that potential for discoloration - sun will fade your exposed paint, but the paint under the decals will still be factory-fresh. I would also note that I had flag decals on my black GTS for over a year and there was no difference when they were removed (and replaced with new flags). Hope this helps!

Chris

OP
OP
M

mark777

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chris,

Thanks for the picture of the wheels... After looking at them I think the chrome looks better...

Ever see the carbon fiber boot cover on the Silver SRT?

Mark

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too funny! Those are BOTH the same car (and same owner). Steve has done a lot of things to his car since he first got it. The top pictures were from probably a year and a half ago, while the lower picture is more recent. He also won the World of Wheels show in Chicago recently with that SRT. Love that fade! :2tu:

HiYoSilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark & Chris, I have had the fade on the sides for over 18 mos with rave reviews and no problems.
Recently, I did something different with the hood after seeing a Viper at SEMA.

I thought it added some definition to the hood - different from the hood bulge treatment. Subtle but distinctive.
What do you guys think??
Chris, You have a great artistic eye?
Sorry for the fuzzy photos, that's snow on the ground & fog on the lens.
It got :2tu: :2tu: at our local Viper events. Bob@Windbaffle :usa:

OP
OP
M

mark777

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was thinking of doing something similar my hood as well... I was thinking about either what you did or painting it similar to the side fader strip... I think I saw a Silver SRT with the hood vents starting off black and then fading into silver... Both look good.

Mark :2tu:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking of doing something similar my hood as well... I was thinking about either what you did or painting it similar to the side fader strip... I think I saw a Silver SRT with the hood vents starting off black and then fading into silver... Both look good.
The gentleman that makes the side fades also makes black fades for the hood vents. They look like this:

The only reason I didn't do these on my car is that with the black hood stripe already on there it may be just a bit too much. Otherwise it looks great! Here is another angle of the vents that also shows the black cut-out treatment on the back bumper. Another quality look in my very humble opinion...

This car won World of Wheels as you see it here, but don't get the wrong idea: It gets more track time than 99.9% of the Vipers out there - combined. You can see it tearing around a Viper Days venue near you!

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have had the fade on the sides for over 18 mos with rave reviews and no problems. Recently, I did something different with the hood after seeing a Viper at SEMA.I thought it added some definition to the hood - different from the hood bulge treatment. Subtle but distinctive.
What do you guys think??

Oh Jeez, that is too fricken cool, really nice HiYo, may I ask where you bought your side "fade"? I had trouble locating the "Parts Rack".

How dificult was the install, does it need to be prof done? How much was the fade/install. Too many questions, I know :)

Ken

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How dificult was the install, does it need to be prof done? How much was the fade/install.

You can reach PartsRack at http://partsrack.blastmart.com/customer/home.php or by phone at (360) 837-3937. JonB is the guy you will talk to and you will be very pleasantly surprised at what he can offer you. You can also track down the designer (and owner of the silver car pictured above) here on the boards. Steve goes by SCLSSRT10 on these forums.

As to installation, the side graphics are a wet application and require a very large flat surface for trimming, as well as a heat gun. Personally, I would recommend finding a professional to install it, and even they will need a couple hours to do it. And make SURE that it is a wet application even on the smaller "triangles" that sit in front of the door. My installer (who does all the racing decal work for local Busch/NASCAR teams) decided to try it dry with one of those and I have had minor problems with that one piece ever since. Everything else looks like a professional paint job and people are SHOCKED when they find out they are just decals. A great investment in looks!

HiYoSilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris said it all. I definitely agree, make sure you get a "pro" to put on the film. I do like the fade on the hood vents (or louvers) also. Bob

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris, Thanks for giving everyone all the good information, I have been in Paris for the last week and unable to check the board.

If anyone has specific questions about the fader graphics or the windshield graphics I would be happy to answer them. Send me an email [email protected] and we can go from there.

Steve Loudin

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felixagg