Remote clutch slave bleed

Walter Clark

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone installed one of the clutch bleed kits intended for C5 'Vettes with the T56 transmission?

Looking to get one and put it in when I do the clutch and pressure plate.

Goggles Pizano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes there have been people install remote bleeders.

Search this forum and the viperalley forum. Lots of info.

OP
OP
W

Walter Clark

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks proedge. I looked at that one and wondered. I have also looked into the Tick Performance QUICK install product. Almost went with the Tick as I like the fact that the fittings can be tightened from outside the bell housing if need be. Also like the rigid 90 degree elbow for the line at the bell housing. What I was nervous about is the length of the rigid piece that replaces the stock bleeder. From what I can determine it might be just a bit short of reaching the surface of the bell housing which would make holding it with a wrench while tightening the AN fitting hose onto it a problem.

At this point I have decided to piece together something like the Tick using a 3AN Aeroquip hose, a couple adapters, a speed bleed screw and a modified original bleed screw.

I will try to remember to post what I got and did once all the bits are in hand and tried.

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you run a remote bleeder from a C5/C6 there will be about a foot of extra line if you want the bleeder to be near the fluid reservoir.

maverickagm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance if Im missing something, but does the mityvac method not work on our T56's?

It just seems easier than messing with a remote line. I've been tempted to install one, but I know I'll be kicking myself if I introduce a leak.

Goggles Pizano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance if Im missing something, but does the mityvac method not work on our T56's?

It just seems easier than messing with a remote line. I've been tempted to install one, but I know I'll be kicking myself if I introduce a leak.

That is not bleeding the system as you are not getting all the old fluid out nor any junk in there. That is just sucking out the fluid from the reservoir as the system is not a loop but close ended.

Like just sucking out the brake master fluid but old fluid is still left in the lines and caliper cylinders.