Tacky dash pad

keeper65

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few years ago I bought a 1993 Viper R/T 10. Not sure why but the dash pad around the gauges feels tacky (best description I can think of). All other pads and surrounds feel fine. Dealer where I bought it said I was the second owner. Car only has 15K miles. Is this normal or could pervious owner used improper cleaner?

Thanks

Gary

WALKING TALL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a Viper, but a 08 Jeep SRT8 that I have had the same problems with the dash being sticky. I tried several things that was on the internet that people recommended at the time to remove the sticky feel but had no luck. What I ended up doing was replacing the dash, I was lucky at the time that a local dealership was able to get me another dash, but it costed me $1600.00 at the time which was a 4 years ago. I thought before I lucked up on a new dash that my only choice was to have it covered. That being said my Jeep is never parked outside unless it's being driven, it's always garaged, and I never have used anything on the dash for cleaning. I believe it has something do with what chemicals that have been used from factory and the dash itself just ageing, imho.

Spoiler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't shoot me, we have a 98 GTS. A common problem on C5 Corvette steering wheel pads is they turn "sticky". I tried everything I could with no luck. I was told to get some Lemon Ammonia and apply it with a soft cloth and keep turning the cloth because it will plug up with black goop. Keep wiping off and applying the Lemon Ammonia. I got some, used a microfiber cloth and within a half hour I had the horn pad looking new with no sticky feel. Give it a try.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96