Viper Hard Top

Natanelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone where I could purchase a hardtop for a 94 Viper? Used would be prefferable since these probably go for about 2,500 brand new. Thanks.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The issue is more if you can get one, than the price, and speaking of price the list is almost $5000 now!!! It is getting common for used tops to go for as much as $4000 , as certain years will not fit others. The $2500 price was what it cost from the factory , as an option, and most Dealers ( when the top was readily available ) charged around 3000-3500 to order through their Parts Department. I would suggest you check with Autoform ( site sponsor ) for one of their new models, or Jon B. at the PartsRack for a used one. Keep in mind, since the car is no longer built, the supply will continue to dwindle, and prices for factory tops will probably only escalate.

Good luck !!

OP
OP
N

Natanelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help. Just to clarify, did they actually make hardtops for the 94's? and What companies currently make after market hardtops? Thanks again.

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Natanelli,

Have a look here:

www.trunktop.citymaker.com

The biggest downfall right now is the wait. The tops are more popular than expected and production of them is slow and far behind. Expect a 8 week wait after order.

If you are looking for a one piece top more like the factory version, check out the Vmania site as well.

Jeff

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The selection of a hard top for Gen 1 and 2 Vipers should be made in light of its intended use. If you plan to road race (most tracks require a hard top - Viper Days does, for instance) you need to get a top that is going to stay on the car at speed. The trunk top is not designed for high speed, at least last time I inquired about it, but is the best looking top for cruising, etc. It also has little helmet room, whereas most of the one-piece tops have the double bubble design.
It depends on what you're wanting it for.
As far as price, I've had two used ones come across my screen (in my color) for under 2K (factory tops.) I bought the second...