01 rt10 fuel filter location

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen1 Gen 2 all in the same place....

under ther car looking back its above to the right of the diff......

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I would suggest that you look at ALL of the recent threads on this BEFORE you try to change the fuel filter!!!

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
....definitely what Steve said. The truly annoying part is the quick connect fittings (as I found out, quick connect is almost the reverse of quick disconnect!). Its not really hard to do, just takes some technique so allow yourself a bunch of time for what looks like a 15 minutes exercise.....it usually turns out to take much longer.

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Much longer in fact. I think it too me over two hours to get mine done. It is incredibly hard to get your hand where it needs to be to release the upper clip. I finally removed the inner fender fasteners with the exception of the 2 outer rivets so I could reach the top of the filter through the fender well. When I thought I was all done and fired up the car, the top clip let go and I had to do it all over again. So, when you think you are all done, before you put the tire back on and set the car back on the ground, turn on the key to energize the pump to make sure the clips are truly seated.

Be prepared to get gassed.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never had an issue and done loads now,Guess i got lucky... I do cover both conecters with WD40 though as they do teend to get dirt in them.....

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never had an issue and done loads now,Guess i got lucky... I do cover both conecters with WD40 though as they do teend to get dirt in them.....

I remember your post that it was 15 minute job. Afterwards, I thought, you must have a lift or be Superman! :)

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Be careful to avoid breaking the tip of the fuel line that comes from the fuel pump into the top of the filter...replacement parts are hard to find. There is a great trick that can help to safely disconnect the filter's inflow line...but I'll leave that explanation my teacher...Tom Sessions.

OP
OP
V

Viper Garage Elite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
wow wasnt expecting that. Am mechanically inclined but sounds like I need some good ol fashioned luck too boot. Thanks for all the help will come in good use. Will read more before tackling this winter.