'01 Sapphire/Silver GTS - speak up!

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good ole Ted. It would be NICE to have him back.:(

Another sapphire/silver ACR, my friend Ted's Viper:D(RTTTTed)

Sparkling_sapphire_GTS_awesome_.JPG

DanH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My old one and my neighbor's

Attachments

• 022_22.jpg
    022_22.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 023_23.jpg
    023_23.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 27

JimK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My sapphire '01 has black stripes. I am I the only one?

How do your black stripes stand out? I walked around a Sapphire GTS this summer, studying it from every angle until I caught the blue. For a while I thought it was a black car...it was later in the day.

Jim

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I bought the car I was under the impression they were. After speaking with several people I have come to the conclusion a previous owner added them. Who ever did the stripes did a top notch job. The good thing is I like em!!!:2tu:

Yes, the Viper registry does not mention any Sapphire/black combo's, definitely added after the fact. Sounds like a nice combo. I wonder if it was a stripe car or a solid Sapphire which they added stripes to, guessing the latter.

blackandblue01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the car apart doing some much needed maintenance, (explaining the hood in the bonus room at christmas time was a fun conversation). With the fascia off the car I can find no evidence of silver stripes anywhere. The black is very subtle not even visible in low light. In the sun it really pops.

OP
OP
B

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I often have people wondering if my car is black or blue ... mostly when the sun is not above. Haven't seen a Sapphire with Black stipes, but I imagine it would be one of those 'what did I just see?' moments.

Actually, I love the way people can't figure out what color the car is, especially at work when they see it in the early morning light and think it is black and then later see it under the sun and realize that it is blue. That just drives me even more to keep it clean and people wondering. It's interesting that Sapphire is obviously blue when it's dirty or has a lot of haze/swirls, but once it's polished out, it's hard to tell.

blackandblue01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bird,
I have to agree completely, When I first got the car I was leaning toward a repaint with the gts blue and black. But every time someone comes over they go on and on about how much they love the color. This color has really grown on me. The more I stare at it the more I like it. Can hardly wait for spring. When I get it back together I will take some pictures.:D

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would someone please ID these wheels? I love the look and am trying to decide on upgrading from chromed stockers or not.:dunno:

Those are the OEM BBS ACR wheels. Not cheap to acquire by any means and a PITA to clean. They sure do look good though. :)

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are the OEM BBS ACR wheels. Not cheap to acquire by any means and a PITA to clean. They sure do look good though. :)

Actually they are Forgeline VR1's, he has them polished and clearcoated so they are much easier to clean.