'03 Brake Calipers painted - pictures....

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VCA,
Out with those grey OEM calipers and in with the Viper Red (www.g2usa.com) and Viper Decals (www.vinyldecals.com). Dramatic change and came out awesome. Not powdercoated, but man did they come out nice. (Nice mod for $100). We'll see on the durability, but I've heard g2usa's paint is pretty darn good......... First real mod worth at least 5hp:) --so had to share. Not sure if this is the right area to post-but what the heck....... Love this car.

greg

You must be registered for see images attach

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good...way better than the natural finish on the stock calipers. Not sure I like the ebrake caliper painted though...it's not an item that should draw attention, IMO.

Nice work either way!

OP
OP
TexasTorred

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good...way better than the natural finish on the stock calipers. Not sure I like the ebrake caliper painted though...it's not an item that should draw attention, IMO.

Nice work either way!

Thanks, I went back/forth on the e-brake ones--but just didn't look right with that sweet-red and grey combo:) Hope these will last awhile and down the road possibly powdercoat... Not bad for $100!

BJG32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats....your car looks a year newer! Looks good...

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, I went back/forth on the e-brake ones--but just didn't look right with that sweet-red and grey combo:) Hope these will last awhile and down the road possibly powdercoat... Not bad for $100!

Yup, I know what you mean. I painted my rotor black while I did mine, and then painted the ebrake black too. Best pic I have on my old ride...

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did this mod to my 03. I used duplicator and put on 6 coats. It held up great.
Looks good

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the one thing that I didnt like on the 03 was the grey callipers, after I powder coded them made a big diference. Great job on the callipers the ride looks great. Cheers.

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice job, looks like you spent the time not to paint the brake lines and fittings, tough to do. Did you paint them on the car?

One thing I noticed, is it looks like the sticker on the rear rotor is facing the wrong way. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the bottom of the letters should face the hub.

Did you clear on top of the decals? If not, you might want to do so to keep the decals on.

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone thought of (or seen) calipers painted yellow on a red vert (trying not to over do red)? Or would that make it look too much like a Porsche?

I can't think of a better way to slow down a red car than to paint something on it yellow, especially the calipers :poke:

OP
OP
TexasTorred

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice job, looks like you spent the time not to paint the brake lines and fittings, tough to do. Did you paint them on the car?

One thing i noticed, is it looks like the sticker on the rear rotor is facing the wrong way. Maybe i'm wrong, but i think the bottom of the letters should face the hub.

Did you clear on top of the decals? If not, you might want to do so to keep the decals on.

thank you. Car was put on lift, removed calipers and hung on a coat hangers --did not remove brake lines, so no stress placed on them before I get pile-drived here:) Brushed about 3 coats of g2 on them. Good-eye----yes, opted to face the decals the other way--just had to be different i guess:) did not clear over decals...according to g2 with the expoxy paint + clear over them---with the heat they might/would turn yellow. Figured i'd just replace the decals every now and then (cheapest method) or have a friend trace out the viper logo and paint white with hi-temp paint......we'll see.....i'm thrilled as the pictures don't do it justice--they look powdercoated.........we'll see how this holds up. Appreciate the feedback. Lastly, i was on fire with my artistic skills, so painted the e-brake calipers too.......if i hadn't run low on caliper paint, i would have done the rotors too-----just kidding!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
TexasTorred

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
glad to see other people are using g2, its been over a month and mine still look perfect

thanks for the all the help and information. And yes, our buddy rich from a certain vendor---i gave up and never heard back period---money refunded. Used www.vinyldecals.com (had the decas within 3 business days.......

Hopefully, the paint holds up---think the decals could peel down the road.......mod cost me $100 and some of my/friend's time and lift---can't beat the improved look.....those gray oems had to go:) I see you are in mitt romney territory---i figured you were a good man!! :)

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, I know what you mean. I painted my rotor black while I did mine, and then painted the ebrake black too. Best pic I have on my old ride...

:crazy2: Driving me nuts! I can't wait to get home! In Paris now on R&R, a couple more months...

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see you are in mitt romney territory---i figured you were a good man!! :)

I would like to think so :) ..... glad you found some decals.....that other vendor is horrible. I have heated up my calipers pretty good over the last month and pressure washed them intensely 5 times and they are still hanging on with no peeling!

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I painted mine with the spray Duplicolor red and put silver decals on 2 years ago with no issues. Still look perfect and no clear was used.

OP
OP
TexasTorred

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to think so :) ..... glad you found some decals.....that other vendor is horrible. I have heated up my calipers pretty good over the last month and pressure washed them intensely 5 times and they are still hanging on with no peeling!

Thanks! Noticed his website is 'under construction' ....hopefully customers have had enough.... So far so good---love the look of the painted calipers and saved a ton over powdercoating........

OP
OP
TexasTorred

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I painted mine with the spray Duplicolor red and put silver decals on 2 years ago with no issues. Still look perfect and no clear was used.

Thanks--yes, according to g2usa--if you clear it will over time turn yellowish. Also, easy to just replace the stickers....once cleared-that's it....harder to do. Nice Ride BTW!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang