04' HID Bulb Question

dsg03svt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm considering switching out my stock HID's for either a 6000k or 8000k bulb. I have an 04 and it says on both plasmagarage and sylvania's website that 2001-2004 have the 9006 bulb type. The 05-06 have the "HID-D1S" bulb type.

Is this a mistake?

I need to know which bulb type to order.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, thats a mistake. The 03-09 headlights are the same.

The 9006 and D1S are BOTH contained in all SRT housings. The D1S is the Low/High beam, and the 9006 is the halogen High beam "back-up"

OP
OP
D

dsg03svt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, thats a mistake. The 03-09 headlights are the same.

The 9006 and D1S are BOTH contained in all SRT housings. The D1S is the Low/High beam, and the 9006 is the halogen High beam "back-up"

Thanks!

You don't happen to sell replacement HID bulbs do you? You've answered quite a few of my questions in the past and I'd assume to give you the business if I could help it.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks!

You don't happen to sell replacement HID bulbs do you? You've answered quite a few of my questions in the past and I'd assume to give you the business if I could help it.

Hello,

Unfortunately, aftermarket lighting is generally sub-par on quality, so I tend to avoid most aftermarket lighting systems. The OEM's would never install an 8000K+ system, and as a result, the companies making them are generally not the same companies as the OE parts. Lots of bad bulbs and ballasts out there. I would recommend purchasing from someone local so you have recourse if you end up with a bad bulb.