04 SRT-10 White Mamba

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hot off the press:

On December 2nd, TOPS will be open for ordering the 2004 Limited Edition Viper SRT-10 White Mamba. There will only be 200 of these units produced! This will be the only opportunity to order a white Viper in 2004. [Sales code ASA] Listed below are the contents of the package:

"Mamba Edition" Package - MSRP $2500
200 Vehicles with Viper White Exterior
>Two tone black/red interior
>Seat logo embroidery - bright red
>Seat stitching - bright red
>Red/black leather steering wheel w/red stitching
>Red leather shifter knob and parking brake handle
>Red lower instrument panel and door trim panels
>Red upper center console
>Body side Badge - satin silver/red
>Front hood medallion red
>Serialized Mamba Edition instrument panel badge [*** of 200]
>Car cover

MSRP $87,295 [My price $82,500] :cool:

Don't miss your opportunity to order this limited edition Viper.
Call me NOW if you want one!

Phoenix SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All that red trim has the potential to give it a real bordello flavor.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW, 200! Are the switchboards lighting up with orders? Are there 100's of posts saying "Yeah! Way to go DC!" Nope. Imagine the yellow flood (Ok, don't use too much imagination) and then imagine a yellow SRT coupe run of 200! Now that would make me MAMBA.

Silly name. What's the story behind it?

SoFlaSRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Mamba is an extremely venomous African snake which in nature comes in green or black (but not white).

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boy, sales must be slumping already that they have to bring out limited special editions in the second year. One word of advice. Bring out the Coupe now. Forget the rag top, they can't even give them away on ebay already!!!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boy, sales must be slumping already that they have to bring out limited special editions in the second year. One word of advice. Bring out the Coupe now. Forget the rag top, they can't even give them away on ebay already!!!

Riiiiiiiight. Or perhaps they are trying to steal a little publicity from the GT and the C6. And since the cars are hand built, why not throw in a few "limited" variations? Heck, many of the previous Vipers are more limited than that (ACR's, cars with Connolly, etc.) - this way they can charge an extra $2500...

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

I had the same thought...

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just spoke with Bill P. at Woodhouse and he placed an order for one on my behalf. I am still on the fence between this White/Red and a Black one. I'll make my choice by the middle of next week. If I go with Black then there will be a White/Red one available.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only thing I can say is it's stupid to call it a "white mamba" edition that has a connotation of extra-specially venemous... because basically it's a few pieces of leather in a different color. For $2,500. Gee what a deal.

So this car stickers at $87,295 now? I hate to say it but they are killing this car with the price. My 98 GTS was $72k which was do-able and a value, IMO, at the time. For $90 grand... he'll I'll take an SL500 for that kind of coin.

I really hate to say it, and no disrespect to SRT owners, but I think this car is going to lag badly in sales in 2004, and in the next 1-2 years they aren't going to be able to sell them. I predict we'll see major incentives on purchase for the 05 model year. Not good for DC!

Wayne Finch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, not to disagree, but I don't think sales will be an issue. However the sales may be to a new breed of buyer who would never have bought a Gen 1/2. I get as many or more comments on my SRT as my GTS, however, it seems to be from a different crowd.

fluffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get as many or more comments on my SRT as my GTS, however, it seems to be from a different crowd.
Just out of curiosity... what are the general demographics of those separate crowds?

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know about sales, but the SRT-10 has grown on me since putting 600 miles on it. Big grins on my mug every drive.

Does it look as good as the RT/10 and GTS models? In my opinion, no, but it's not ugly. The Gen 1/2 cars were tough acts to follow. It definitely drives better than the older cars. I know, because since 1996 I've cumulatively driven over 80K miles on five different Gen 1/2 cars.

I wish I could put the sucker on a road course. I spent last weekend in my GTS at VIR, and had a blast. It would be neat to see what a Gen 3 will do. No roll bar, though. At what point will it be time to add that? Dunno...(and yeah I know there is such a thing as a Comp Coupe...duh)

I'm extremely pleased that Dodge is still building such a beast. We're lucky that they are still building the Viper, people. Keep that in mind.

Nothing wrong with a 500 horsepower convertible, especially a MOPAR!

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, not to disagree, but I don't think sales will be an issue. However the sales may be to a new breed of buyer who would never have bought a Gen 1/2. I get as many or more comments on my SRT as my GTS, however, it seems to be from a different crowd.

I'm with you, Wayne, I don't think sales will be a problem. Good discounts for the buyer, but the cars will sell. You're right about the different breed of buyer, too! That's O.K. All three generations are available on Ebay. And I get tons of positive comments about the SRT-10. Lots of people know what this car is, and like it!!

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only thing I can say is it's stupid to call it a "white mamba" edition that has a connotation of extra-specially venemous... because basically it's a few pieces of leather in a different color. For $2,500. Gee what a deal.

So this car stickers at $87,295 now? I hate to say it but they are killing this car with the price. My 98 GTS was $72k which was do-able and a value, IMO, at the time. For $90 grand... he'll I'll take an SL500 for that kind of coin.

I really hate to say it, and no disrespect to SRT owners, but I think this car is going to lag badly in sales in 2004, and in the next 1-2 years they aren't going to be able to sell them. I predict we'll see major incentives on purchase for the 05 model year. Not good for DC!

I agree. :rolleyes:

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 98 GTS was $72k which was do-able and a value, IMO, at the time. For $90 grand... he'll I'll take an SL500 for that kind of coin.

Mike, wasn't the GTS ACR going for $88-$90K? Thats $10 grand more for K&N Filters and adjustable shocks! So two years ago, a new GTS ACR cost more than the new 2004 SRT Mamba Edition!
You guys crack me up
You must be registered for see images

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dont for get the smooth tubes and ACR stickers thats got to be wortha at least a grand right there. j/k GM has been selling stickers and seat stitching, and tacky paint jobs for many thousands on corvettes for years! this only adds to the bottom line.

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now be fair regarding the ACR...harnesses and BBS wheels, too! And those crazy 1200 LB rear springs on some models.

So...was that ACR the 3/4 ton "heavy duty camper special?"

ACR/HDCS ;)

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dont get me wrong but the cost on the changes to DC were probably nil/slight and the upcharge was near 10K. i would be suprised if it cost more than 2k to the company if that. but thats what special eds. are about. changing perceived value.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sales have been very good for the 2004, and I am unsure why there is even a debate on the interior, as this has been part of the equation since White was announced ( in fact, even before it was announced). Not a knee **** reaction at all, but an attempt into the area of personalizing the car for more variety.I applaud PVO ,as a custom interior ( it would cost way more at Venzano, etc. ) is just the tip of the iceberg. I fully believe the concept is to test the waters for more custom models, with the new SRT-10, as it isn't taking as long to build as the GTS or RT-10s. Think more on the line, of, 200 models next year with a Comp Coupe suspension and Headers, a Red one with the Mamba Interior, a single color run ( say 200 Yellow ) , a factory model with Carbon Fiber pieces, etc. If we want more options, and personalization, I think we should applaud this effort, as it should be viewed as a beginning. Those that have seen the White think it is outstanding, and I would love to see DC take on an order schemata like Porsche, Mercedes,etc. where the vehicle that lands in your driveway does not just have your name listed on the MSRP Window Sticker, but it is personalized, by you, at the factory. This is the first baby step, but encouragement will hopefully go a very long way.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sales have been very good for the 2004, and I am unsure why there is even a debate on the interior, as this has been part of the equation since White was announced ( in fact, even before it was announced). Not a knee **** reaction at all, but an attempt into the area of personalizing the car for more variety.I applaud PVO ,as a custom interior ( it would cost way more at Venzano, etc. ) is just the tip of the iceberg. I fully believe the concept is to test the waters for more custom models, with the new SRT-10, as it isn't taking as long to build as the GTS or RT-10s. Think more on the line, of, 200 models next year with a Comp Coupe suspension and Headers, a Red one with the Mamba Interior, a single color run ( say 200 Yellow ) , a factory model with Carbon Fiber pieces, etc. If we want more options, and personalization, I think we should applaud this effort, as it should be viewed as a beginning. Those that have seen the White think it is outstanding, and I would love to see DC take on an order schemata like Porsche, Mercedes,etc. where the vehicle that lands in your driveway does not just have your name listed on the MSRP Window Sticker, but it is personalized, by you, at the factory. This is the first baby step, but encouragement will hopefully go a very long way.

Sounds good to me!!Red with a red/black interior!!! Yeah!

S

SUN RA KAT

The Mamba is a member of the Cobra family, not the Viper family of snakes. There are plenty of members of the Viper family that they could have named this new Viper after that wouldn't sound as wrong as naming it after a member of the wrong family of snakes. I think Fer-De-Lance, one of the biggest and most aggressive members of the Viper family of snakes would have been a much better choice.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I absolutely agree!
You must be registered for see images

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As a former Dodge dealer for 33 years, I totally agree with Bill P's assessment of Dodge's reasoning for this move with the White Viper and the changes. Good job Bill!

Mike
Upstate New York

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Keep the multi-colored leather stitching, fancy knobs and handles. Sounds like the marketing dept. is now running the show with " put more lipstick on the pig ". How about getting Lutz back and giving us a 600 HP COUPE! Can't believe they call it a mamba/cobra edition either. Guess it's not a VIPER anymore.