04 SRT-10 White Mamba

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Originally posted by DEVILDOG:

Keep the multi-colored leather stitching, fancy knobs and handles. Sounds like the marketing dept. is now running the show with " put more lipstick on the pig ". How about getting Lutz back and giving us a 600 HP COUPE! Can't believe they call it a mamba/cobra edition either. Guess it's not a VIPER anymore.

You must be registered for see images

Good posts keep trickling in albeit slowly. RACK HIM!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill I totally agree with you. This is a good idea and the white looks great with those interior options. Finally something that differentiates the cars a little bit. I think it would be awesome if they started doing options like Porsche. That would be more incentive for me to save up and buy an SRT.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Mamba is a member of the Cobra family, not the Viper family of snakes. There are plenty of members of the Viper family that they could have named this new Viper after that wouldn't sound as wrong as naming it after a member of the wrong family of snakes. I think Fer-De-Lance, one of the biggest and most aggressive members of the Viper family of snakes would have been a much better choice.

The reference of Mamba to Cobra "family" is very misleading. Venemous fixed-front fanged snakes are known as Elapids. Some species of Elapids include Mambas, Cobras, Tiger snakes, Copperheads and my favorite the Death Adder. There are many others species of Elapids.

Cobra "family" would be King Cobra,Egyptian Cobra, Black Necked Cobra,ect.. not a Mamba.

Hows this for a Yellow Viper! :cool:
(It's called the Eyelash Viper)

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned, a snake is a snake. They usually are long, wiggle along the ground or in trees, and have a head on one end and not on the other, unless the one on the other end is up their ****, which could be applicable to some human types, usually associated with extremist or religious groups.

pitviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
gorgeous picture of that eyelash viper... and as far as names... the adder, moccasain, rattler, atrox...those are all names to be found in the family of viperadae

pit

ViperBran

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's great that Dodge is giving the customer the ability to factory customize their Viper. I can't wait until they bust out some engine and suspension mod's. Just do it sooner rather than later. A factory twin turbo Competition Coupe for the street would be nice.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Wow,I love the idea of the "Death Adder"Edition.

Death Adder
1. Chrome side exhaust tips
2. Chrome SRT-10 side decal
3. Comp Coupe Headers
4. Polished aluminum accessories in the interior
5. Custom seats
6.Lowered 1 inch
7. Death Adder shift knob
8. Rear wing and unique front valance

OOOoooooooo, I am getting excited just thinking about it.

We can all only ask!!

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's your 'white snake':
416P000164F.JPG

OK, so it's not white, it ain't a MAMBA, or even something Darth Aydder would like (better pronounced like this, IMO)

It's been moved to the SRT. The chrome surface is worn off and it's now white.

TZL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about the Gaboon Viper, longest fangs of any venomous snake.... very wide and low too, just like a Viper (car)

The Mamba is a member of the Cobra family, not the Viper family of snakes. There are plenty of members of the Viper family that they could have named this new Viper after that wouldn't sound as wrong as naming it after a member of the wrong family of snakes. I think Fer-De-Lance, one of the biggest and most aggressive members of the Viper family of snakes would have been a much better choice.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about the Gaboon Viper, longest fangs of any venomous snake.... very wide and low too, just like a Viper (car)

TZL, that sounds cool, but you got to admit VIPER DEATH ADDER edition sounds great! :2tu:

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep the multi-colored leather stitching, fancy knobs and handles. Sounds like the marketing dept. is now running the show with " put more lipstick on the pig ". How about getting Lutz back and giving us a 600 HP COUPE! Can't believe they call it a mamba/cobra edition either. Guess it's not a VIPER anymore.

Sneaky Pete's cousin:

When do release the coupe they should call it the Gaboon Viper
(Bitis gabonica) package and ship it with the following instructions for all the vette, lambo, cobra owners:

In the event of an actual or probable bite from a Dodge Gaboon Viper, execute the following first aid measures without delay.

Snake:

Make sure that the responsible snake or snakes have been appropriately and safely contained, and are out of danger of inflicting any additional bites.
Transportation:

Immediately call for transportation.
Telephone

Victim:
Keep the victim calm and reassured. Allow him or her to lie flat and avoid as much movement as possible. If possible, allow the bitten limb to rest at a level lower than the victim's heart.

Immediately wrap a large crepe bandage snugly around the bitten limb starting at the site of the bite and working proximally up the limb (the full length if possible). The bandage should be as tight as one might bind a sprained ankle.

Secure the splint to the bandaged limb to keep the limb as rigid and unmoving as possible. Avoid bending or moving the limb excessively while applying the splint.

DO NOT remove the splint or bandages until the victim has reached the hospital and is receiving Antivenom.

Have the SAIMR (South African Institute for Medical Research) polyvalent antivenom ready for the Lifeflight crew to take with the victim to the hospital. Give them the following:

the available antivenom (at least 10 vials)

the accompanying instruction (Protocol) packet

the victim's medical packet
DO NOT cut or incise the bite site
DO NOT apply ice to the bite site

TZL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotta love that face...

You must be registered for see images attach

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sales have been very good for the 2004, and I am unsure why there is even a debate on the interior, as this has been part of the equation since White was announced ( in fact, even before it was announced). Not a knee **** reaction at all, but an attempt into the area of personalizing the car for more variety.I applaud PVO ,as a custom interior ( it would cost way more at Venzano, etc. ) is just the tip of the iceberg. I fully believe the concept is to test the waters for more custom models, with the new SRT-10, as it isn't taking as long to build as the GTS or RT-10s. Think more on the line, of, 200 models next year with a Comp Coupe suspension and Headers, a Red one with the Mamba Interior, a single color run ( say 200 Yellow ) , a factory model with Carbon Fiber pieces, etc. If we want more options, and personalization, I think we should applaud this effort, as it should be viewed as a beginning. Those that have seen the White think it is outstanding, and I would love to see DC take on an order schemata like Porsche, Mercedes,etc. where the vehicle that lands in your driveway does not just have your name listed on the MSRP Window Sticker, but it is personalized, by you, at the factory. This is the first baby step, but encouragement will hopefully go a very long way.

Maybe performance upgrades too... 500HP, 600 HP, 650HP, More?

Think of it as the 318, 440 six-pack, Hemi choice's of our era :)

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My favorite...
You must be registered for see images attach

The DEATH ADDER !

"Look into my eyes..cuz your a$$ is mine!" :D