04 viper vs. 03 cobra

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I met this guy at the dutchess car show with the svt and he was talking smack how he beats vipers all day long. I had just drove back form indy with my brand new mamba. I just put 700 miles on it and didn't even get an oil change yet. But the way he was talking I REACHED IN MY POCKET and took out $1000 in cash and said let run right now on street tires. Then he had 1001 excuses not to run me. In the vid the viper had its top down thats a dead sign that the driver doesn't know how to race. My friend that i beat all day long dynoed his svt the same day at the show as 410 rwhp. All i had done on my silver srt was k&n's and bullets w/o 1 set of cats. If you look at the vid the viper beats him the 2nd race even with the top down. Its propaganda ......

vd..
aka mamba d

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI:

I have a GTS with filter/exhaust and pilots. That's it. 430-440 RWHP give or take. I raced a new Cobra with 500 RWHP, just dynoed. He had a pulley, headers/full exhaust (sounded great), tuning work done, and drag radials.

We ran from a 20 MPH roll to about 100 (short race due to traffic). I pulled about 1-2 car lengths, and the lead seemed to be getting larger, but hard to tell since we had to brake. I hooked well, so I don't think the drag radials gave him any advantage in this situation (it was about 85 degrees outside).

I consider myself a good driver, and he seemed schooled as well.... He openly admitted with street tires (stock radials) the Cobra does not hook, for whatever reason. Therefore, the drag radials and additional HP mods made it a close race in a straight line, but I still had a slight advantage.

GoFast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah if someone will pass over the video to me ill post it on my website for all to dl.