06 coupe dash rattle

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone else notice a rattle sound like glass on glass or plastic on plastic coming from dash when going over bumps. thought my gps antenna for rb1 had come off but just finished opening up center console and snug as a bug. quick lap and noise still there. noticed today because first day driving with windows up, could have always been there who knows. so just checking if its just me or not. did search and found info on verts about defrost grill ,would think dc had already addressed this. Thanks B

OP
OP
B

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
try tapping your fingers around the defrost grill on the center of dash and you can make the sound happen. does some one have directions how to correct. would like not to take to dealer over this. i sent a pm to racer robbie because he had a fix for the verts hopefully it is the same for the coupe. Thanks B

robbie if you read this i got the pm with instructions but do you have the illustrations as well, im more of a visual guy. thanks

C.Thomson

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have had to take mine in twice now for this noise. The tech says its related to the ductwork and he puts in shims and padding.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
try tapping your fingers around the defrost grill on the center of dash and you can make the sound happen. does some one have directions how to correct. would like not to take to dealer over this. i sent a pm to racer robbie because he had a fix for the verts hopefully it is the same for the coupe. Thanks B

If this is the same noise I had in my 04, I can't believe they haven't fixed this yet. There was a bulletin out about this over a year ago. Defroster vent is too deep and rubs against housing, just needs shaved off. If this is what you guys are hearing, it is pathetic that this hasn't been resolved before the cars are sent out

OP
OP
B

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
your the man robbie i thankyou and my car thanks you for not having to go to the dealer cause daddy can fix her. :2tu:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc