06 H Wheels vs ???

vette2viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First, I am talking about wheels on an 06 coupe...either a blue/silver or slate/silver. My personal favorite wheels are HRE 547R. But, I've heard from so many that HRE is terrible to deal with and the customer usually loses anyway. Anyone have input on other wheels similiar to the 547R's that have very nice polished finish but better customer service than HRE? Any pics you have would be greatly appreciated. If my Viper comes with five spokes, I will either change to H wheels (even like to chrome them) or go aftermarket.

Thanks for your help. :2tu:

snake dreams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go with the IForged Formula Series Classics, you won't find anything that looks closer to HRE's 547s than these. I have heard that their customer service is very good too.

http://www.iforged.com/v3/wheels_detail.php?WhID=17

Check out these guys as well, their prices are pretty good, and they even have a special on IForged right now.

http://www.wheelsdirectonline.com

If you want my opinion, the H wheels look terrible, but the IForged/HRE's are beautiful, they would be my choice. Hope this helps.

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If my Viper comes with five spokes, I will either change to H wheels (even like to chrome them) or go aftermarket.

Thanks for your help. :2tu:

Let me be the first to get in line for your 5 spokes if by chance you end up selling a set. :cool:

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are the shittttts. Hands down.

I'm considering buying a pair and chroming them just for my 08 and I'm not even into bling.

I also think the ten spoke don't get enough respect because they've been around since 03 but they are great looking wheels.

The new five spoke side winders are OK but every automobile out there now has 5 spoke now, so they don't really stand out.

You must be registered for see images

[image]http://1down.com/clubs/vip/IMG_3111.jpg[/image

and the post
http://www4.forum.viperclub.org/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=786387&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1

OP
OP
V

vette2viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go with the IForged Formula Series Classics, you won't find anything that looks closer to HRE's 547s than these. I have heard that their customer service is very good too.

OK...looked at the IForged Classics in both high polish and chrome...both look nice...very much like the HRE 547R. I do like the Viper H wheels and another post on here where they were just chromed on a slate/silver 06 coupe looked great.

Is the standard viper size 18x10 and 19x13? Prices aren't bad on IForged.

Thanks for the input. I've made note of requests to buy the new five spokes if I go H wheel or aftermarket.

OP
OP
V

vette2viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep...the post above with the chromed H wheels is what I was referencing. How could you not like them??? Not a matter of bling...just dang good looking wheels on the slate and/or gts blue viper coupe.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They look ok, but I can see them blinging like a set of ghetto 24's on an Escalade. Of the stock wheels, I like the long spokes best.

With HRE's if you go with polished not clear coated you shouldn't have any problems.

I've seen this wheel in person and I was very impressed with the quality and finish.. vellano wheels

Made my HRE's look cheap.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys you better be careful as to what you say. I made comments like yours and my posts were deleted. Someone thought I was being a RACIST. :rolleyes: I SH*T YOU NOT!

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now, as for the H wheels, I have NEVER liked them, but I will say chromed they look OK. I lowered this Viper and it made them look even a little better, but Im pretty sure they would never be wheels I would put on a Viper. I guess I just like this pic as it shows how mean the Viper looks when lowered and as I mentioned, the wheels actually look half decent here.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the I-Forged wheels and LOVE them. I would never spend the HRE money when I Forged copies just about every wheel they make for about 25% less. Good luck with your choice.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, those pictures make me hate the H wheels even more. Looks like some really crappy ghetto bling to me.

I would like the H wheels in just a better high polish as well. I'm not into the after market wheels at all.
Personally I wouldn't put HRE's on my Viper even if they were given to me. But that’s me.

I also had a great deal on sidewinders a few months ago and turned them down. Out side of the Viper community the 10 spoke rock though.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, those pictures make me hate the H wheels even more. Looks like some really crappy ghetto bling to me.

I would like the H wheels in just a better high polish as well. I'm not into the after market wheels at all.
Personally I wouldn't put HRE's on my Viper even if they were given to me. But that’s me.

I also had a great deal on sidewinders a few months ago and turned them down. Out side of the Viper community the 10 spoke rock though.

I also think the stock 10 spokes look great. I know many dont like them, but they especially look good when the car is lowered.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was just looking at my car the other day, (10 spoke) and i really would like to lower the car but was wondering what it would look like lowered with the 10 spokes. I'm afraid if i lower it first i would have to go and buy wheels next to make the car look great. ( in other words i only see aftermarket and stock 5 spoke on everyones lowered cars) Any pics?

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the I-Forged wheels and LOVE them. I would never spend the HRE money when I Forged copies just about every wheel they make for about 25% less. Good luck with your choice.

Personally, I'd recommend the I-forged over the HRE's based on my experience with the companies(HRE) customer service, quality and the price point. As far as looks though, it's my opinion that the some of the I-forged wheels do not capture 100% of the look of the HRE's they copy...close, but not quite.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
10140droppedstock2.JPG

The back wheels looked like they needed to come out a little bit - wheel spacers might have done it.

Stock 10 spokes look good blacked out.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just looking at my car the other day, (10 spoke) and i really would like to lower the car but was wondering what it would look like lowered with the 10 spokes. I'm afraid if i lower it first i would have to go and buy wheels next to make the car look great. ( in other words i only see aftermarket and stock 5 spoke on everyones lowered cars) Any pics?

Lowered in PS, but you get the idea.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While i like the stock 10 spoke, the rear offset looks weird sometimes. Just looks like the rear tire is too far under the car.

ZO6KLR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Those H wheels look like something to make waffles with. I'll pass. Chrome vs. stock? Chrome it would be.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
...... My personal favorite wheels are HRE 547R. But, I've heard from so many that HRE is terrible to deal with and the customer usually loses anyway.

I guess I am PUZZLED over the 2 statements (innuendo?) this thread about HRE service. I am speaking as HRE's #1 Viper Wheel Vendor, so perhaps our customers are treated better, but please consider:

1) What SERVICE issues can there be? I mean, what SERVICE do you need ? PartsRack handles all the HRE contact, you don't need to even speak to them !

2) HRE initial quality is white-glove perfect. In hundreds of sets sold, I can recall only 3 initial quality problems, ONE was last month! The other 2 involved chrome. HRE promised a fast turn, red-labelled the repair, and customer was satisfied. The RARE stem problem should NOT have happened in the 1st place!)

Clear-coat complaints can exist AFTER TIME, and HRE can be slow to fix these low-priority, RARE issues...and everyone HATES to have the Viper downtime. But they warrantee the finish, and do NOT dodge the repair

3) PRODUCTION DELAYS can be a problem especially with chrome. Why? HRE demands perfection, and they will strip-finish-dip a wheel thats not perfect. Delays happen. When this happens, and PartsRack is in your corner, we get some "concessions" on your behalf. HRE is responsive. Our last 8 HRE orders shipped early, by a few days. (Not Chrome)

4) Currently, HRE is operating in a peak period, and also in a DEEP discount off pre-2006 prices since 11/1/2006. Demand is therefore high....prices are, well, REASONABLE. PartsRack has 18" HRE wheels from UNDER $4300/set. Full Polish, or even full chrome. These are QUALITY 3-pc wheels.......

HRE is hosting a SoCal VCA plant tour March 10, with special VCA March pricing thru PartsRack as a result..... I'd like to have HRE to ADDRESS FACTUAL PROBLEMS if anyone wants to alert me to the specific situations. I have NOT seen them......... Old grudges on Audi, Kinesis mis-labeled wheels aside, Send me an email, and Ill forward to HRE's VP, even if you bought elsewhere.

OP
OP
V

vette2viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the response. First, my car will receive motons and be lowered about 1 inch before I take delivery. Would one of you kind photoshop gurus ps these IForged Classic high polish wheels onto both the slate/silver done above and also onto a blue/silver coupe? Don't know how difficult this is and didn't know how to really give you the wheel or car pics.

Thanks for any help you can do. Great job on the ps of the slate coupe lowered with the chrome H wheels.

Iforged Classic in high polish finish

OP
OP
V

vette2viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...... My personal favorite wheels are HRE 547R. But, I've heard from so many that HRE is terrible to deal with and the customer usually loses anyway.

Jon...please reread my quote above. I said I HEARD...etc. I don't have a viper and don't have HRE wheels. I didn't say they were bad or to be avoided. In asking around about different products for the viper, we get opinions...not always facts. From there, we digest the opinions and try to make some choice based in part on the experiences of others. That is all I've done here. I've been told there are less expensive wheels of same or better quality and without any hassles of buying or having company stand behind them if something goes wrong.

I'm thankful that I can get all these opinions from viper owners here. They have a wealth of information and give me more to consider when it is decision time. No offense meant to HRE or any other brand!

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can turn this into an HRE thread.....

I guess I am PUZZLED over the 2 statements (innuendo?) this thread about HRE service. I am speaking as HRE's #1 Viper Wheel Vendor, so perhaps our customers are treated better, but please consider:

1) What SERVICE issues can there be? I mean, what SERVICE do you need ? PartsRack handles all the HRE contact, you don't need to even speak to them !

2) HRE initial quality is white-glove perfect. In hundreds of sets sold, I can recall only 3 initial quality problems, ONE was last month! The other 2 involved chrome. HRE promised a fast turn, red-labelled the repair, and customer was satisfied. The RARE stem problem should NOT have happened in the 1st place!)

Clear-coat complaints can exist AFTER TIME, and HRE can be slow to fix these low-priority, RARE issues...and everyone HATES to have the Viper downtime. But they warrantee the finish, and do NOT dodge the repair

3) PRODUCTION DELAYS can be a problem especially with chrome. Why? HRE demands perfection, and they will strip-finish-dip a wheel thats not perfect. Delays happen. When this happens, and PartsRack is in your corner, we get some "concessions" on your behalf. HRE is responsive. Our last 8 HRE orders shipped early, by a few days. (Not Chrome)

4) Currently, HRE is operating in a peak period, and also in a DEEP discount off pre-2006 prices since 11/1/2006. Demand is therefore high....prices are, well, REASONABLE. PartsRack has 18" HRE wheels from UNDER $4300/set. Full Polish, or even full chrome. These are QUALITY 3-pc wheels.......

HRE is hosting a SoCal VCA plant tour March 10, with special VCA March pricing thru PartsRack as a result..... I'd like to have HRE to ADDRESS FACTUAL PROBLEMS if anyone wants to alert me to the specific situations. I have NOT seen them......... Old grudges on Audi, Kinesis mis-labeled wheels aside, Send me an email, and Ill forward to HRE's VP, even if you bought elsewhere.

It's a comforting thought to know that you'll have someone in your corner to help you out in the case of a faulty product. It may inpsire some people to take the plunge and make the purchase.

It's quite disappointing to learn the contrary is true when you actually have a problem and need to have that person in your corner only to find him not there and instead pointing the finger at you as the cause of said problem....especially after spending thousands of dollars with that person and having a problem occur with a lousy 200 dollar part. (definitely innuendo in that statment) :mad:

At any rate...there is a world beyond Parts Rack and plenty of people have had problems with HRE, just look to the other viper site, under the vendor section and you'll find a sizable thread about all the issues people have had with HRE, myself included.

$5000.00 wheels shouldn't look like this.
powder coat quality
powder coat quality 2

They especially shouldn't start peeling after 4 months.
peeling powder coat - lug hole

HRE did take care of all the finish problems after sending the set back twice (one wheel came back a lighter shade of gray than the other 3 the first time) and a month and a half of down time(a month and a half, you could call that poor service)....$5000.00 for wheels, there shouldn't have been any finish problems in the first place.

Further more - Most people in this forum looking at buying a set of HRE wheels are not interested in pricing for 18" sizes so if your gonna throw out numbers at least make them applicable.

OP
OP
V

vette2viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now, as for the H wheels, I have NEVER liked them, but I will say chromed they look OK. I lowered this Viper and it made them look even a little better, but Im pretty sure they would never be wheels I would put on a Viper. I guess I just like this pic as it shows how mean the Viper looks when lowered and as I mentioned, the wheels actually look half decent here.

Austin... Thanks for all the response. First, my car will receive motons and be lowered about 1 inch before I take delivery. Would you photoshop these IForged Classic high polish wheels onto both the slate/silver done above and also onto a blue/silver coupe? Don't know how difficult this is and didn't know how to really give you the wheel or car pics.

IForged Classic Wheel in High Polish

Thanks for any help you can do. Great job on the ps of the slate coupe lowered with the chrome H wheels.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
Guys you better be careful as to what you say. I made comments like yours and my posts were deleted. Someone thought I was being a RACIST. :rolleyes: I SH*T YOU NOT!

Unbelievable...

Bling and ghetto go hand in hand, but they come in all colors!!!

e.g. my neighbor had a RR Phamtom, with I think 24' wheels with spinners!!! what a way to deface a car!!! and this guy is whiter than my butt in winter, some music producer....

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Austin, do you have any pics of stock 10 spokers blacked out??

It is a way cheaper option than a set of wheels and tires!

thanks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte