08 blue vert on ebay.

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When checking on an 08 metallic blue vert with aero on ebay it has a strange autocheck.The car has 240 miles and looks it.The autocheck says on 5-17-11 it showed 162000 miles before rollback and is only given a 79 rating.Anybody got any idea or explanation whats happening here?

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As the owner of the 1/1 bright blue '08 aero coupe I say that convertible is a great price and great looking car.

SLViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When checking on an 08 metallic blue vert with aero on ebay it has a strange autocheck.The car has 240 miles and looks it.The autocheck says on 5-17-11 it showed 162000 miles before rollback and is only given a 79 rating.Anybody got any idea or explanation whats happening here?

The was purchased and then stored in climate controlled storage is in like new condition no scratches or dings...when it was registered in Arizona the clerk keyed in the wrong mileage...It was purchased out of a private collection with 154 miles on it...If you are looking for a in new condition this is it..The original sticker price was 97,565 it has an Aero group package which is a 6500 option..There only 4 built like this one..The car has a 7 year factory warranty on it...The Viper has been started once a week to keep it freshOn Dec-18-12 at 09:55:35 PST, seller added the following information:Yes the car only has 265 miles on it...it is flawless..the floor mats are still in the plastic and it does come with factory car cover and all books,

Was for sale on Autotrader for 68,000 with the above information
Always Google just the Vin# and you will see this, a full carfax report and more! You can view previous dealer adds, sales and sometimes the original selling dealer info shows up!
Oh Yea Buy it, it looks spectacular!
Steve L

1bad540

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They fuked me on a car that i bought with 3900 miles and the a$$ wrote on the title 39000 miles. took a few weeks to clear up, def happens. doubtful the car jumped from 162 miles to 162k miles.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw that car last night. If I was buying right now, that one would get my attention right away. It's a looker!

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most likely a typo. But the value will be effected, permanently. Unless this can be revised.. Hence the reason its priced the way it is. Carfax and Autocheck reporting have changed the car market. Typo or not... When somehting is on those reports, it creates a problem selling the car, due to the perception that something might be misrepresented.

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score

If I didn't already have mine, I would be all over it. I love the aero-verts, and it is my second favorite color!!!;)

OP
OP
P

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....Do i really need to correct the error.....crap Stevie Wonder can see this is not a problem!

WAM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was looking into this car weeks ago, dealing with the AZ owner. He offered me the car for $65,000 but I wasn't sold on the Aero package. I suggested he fix CARFAX by having the person send a notorized letter explaining the error, last I checked the CARFAX has been corrected.

OP
OP
P

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carfax shows nothing....its the autocheck that show 162000 miles......still dont see why its a prob.

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bought it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....Do i really need to correct the error.....crap Stevie Wonder can see this is not a problem!

Terrific!!! I know I am biased, but I think the gen 4 aero-vert is something special. I know you have been looking for just the right car. Congrats!!!!!!:headbang:

OP
OP
P

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was holding out for purple but this has some cache with the color,aero and low miles.....brand new car at 30k less then sticker!

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was holding out for purple but this has some cache with the color,aero and low miles.....brand new car at 30k less then sticker!

Exactly my thoughts. Share pics when you get it. Would be cool if we could meet up some day, have the VBB aero convert and coupe next to each other for some shots. :drive:

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
BTW...Welcome to the club!!! I haven't done the research, but there has to only be a handful of aero-verts out there!!! :2tu:

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just checked and the car is still for sale on Ebay, what am I missing here?

OP
OP
P

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just havent taken it down yet I guess.They have my deposit and are arranging shipping.Ok so cars unblemished and never seen rain and they were gonna ship it on car carrier from Texas to NC......duh.....not bloody likely geeessss!Can you imagine how this car woulda looked with all the weather out there,,,,dayyyuuuummmmm!!!!!!I got their minds right on this!

pdub

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just havent taken it down yet I guess.They have my deposit and are arranging shipping.Ok so cars unblemished and never seen rain and they were gonna ship it on car carrier from Texas to NC......duh.....not bloody likely geeessss!Can you imagine how this car woulda looked with all the weather out there,,,,dayyyuuuummmmm!!!!!!I got their minds right on this!

I'm about 10 minutes from the dealer. If u need me to pick it up and use for a few weeks just let me know.:D

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is still on actually, you better make sure they will follow through instead of stringing you along, waiting for someone to pay more, not like this has not happened before. Very nice car, I hope they will not pull a fast one on you, had this happened before.

BTW, maybe you should be there when the car is being loaded, may be worth the time and money to be there? When I bought mine, someone scraped the front while loading it on the trailer, if I knew, I would be there.

OP
OP
P

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Pdub is that dealer pretty reputable?....Peter maybe PDub will go over as they load it bwaaahhaaa!

pdub

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never dealt with them but it is a pretty good sized Mitsubishi dealership so they should be okay.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pdub should be there when the car is loaded up, compensate him if necessary, it will be well worth it. If this is a Mitsu dealer, they have no experience with Vipers and I am sure whoever drives it off the floor will care little if any. I checked the car on the showroom personally and when it arrived, before unloading, I already saw what happened. If you have someone locally where the car is, would be a great idea to witness loading it up and take some pics. This way, there will be no surprise. You should be calling the dealer and demanding the listing is taken off, as well as getting the name of the company that will deliver and do some checking to make sure they do not have any recent complaints against them. Way to nice of a car to have anything happen to it.

OP
OP
P

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah im on it.....especially since they were gonna ship it on a open car carrier.....are you ****tin me?

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah im on it.....especially since they were gonna ship it on a open car carrier.....are you ****tin me?

You should call and arrange the shipping and use Reliable or Passport. Both companies have shipped many Vipers over the years.... enclosed.

OP
OP
P

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure PDub....ill find out today.I have a good friend in Dallas.It looks close.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang