08 check engine light

Skunker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The weather finally cooperated to get my 08 out yesterday for the first time in maybe 6 weeks. I had a check engine light come on for the first time ever. The car seemed to be idling well and nothing seemed funny except for the light. I shut it off checked the oil and vacuum lines, looked for anything loose or not connected but couldn't find anything. Started it back up, light still on, drove it down the road a few miles everything seemed normal so I took on off for about 100 mile cruise with my wife. We stopped and started the car about 4 times and the light stayed on. I picked up a Actron scan tool this morning and it shows a P2610 code, according to their website that reads "Electronic control module/powertrain control module internal engine off timer. performance" The scan tool allowed me to erase the code and the check engine light is off and like yesterday with the light on the car seems to be running fine. Has anyone else had this happen, should I be concerned about it or just wait and see if it happens again? Thanks Mark

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The CEL issue with the Gen 4 is so common and you may have what I had on my 09 with the pcm going bad. It was replaced under warranty and all has been good since. Since your light went out after re setting I would live with it and hope it does not re appear. If it does come back on a good viper tech should look at it.

EZ 2B Green

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a common code that occurs after the battery has been disconnected and then reconnected. If your car sat without the use of a smart charger, perhaps the battery fell below threshold voltage when you started it. It may be time for a new battery soon. You should use a smart charger or place your vehicle in hibernation mode if it is going to sit for long periods of time.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a common code that occurs after the battery has been disconnected and then reconnected. If your car sat without the use of a smart charger, perhaps the battery fell below threshold voltage when you started it. It may be time for a new battery soon. You should use a smart charger or place your vehicle in hibernation mode if it is going to sit for long periods of time.

This was gonna be my guess. Vipers eat up batteries like you would not believe. If you haven't already get a battery tender for your snake to keep the battery feeling alive or use hibernation mode as mentioned above. :)