08 Driving impressions

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:D I was fortunate enough to drive an 08 coupe recently. It was very nice. I did not get into hard it since it was new, but you could feel the power. It was fairly smooth. I did notice a couple of clunks in the drive line and it seemed the syncronizer scraped going into 2nd gear when it was cold, but that stopped. Any thoughts if the clunks and scrapes are normal from anyone that has driven an 08? Thanks for your help.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having owned all 4 Generations of Vipers i can honestly say the 08 is easily the most refined and driveable.As far as clunks and scrapes in the driveline i have not noticed any.Shifting is also the best (alot more precise )than the other generations.Performance wise its not even close.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have noticed a little "scrapping" going into second as well... it seems less pronounced if i accelerate harder in first (>3.5k rpm) before i shift into second....

Also let me say that despite owning a 03 and 08 i had never seen a generation 1 in person until today.. a black or dark gray with side pipes so i'm assuming it was a 94 model pulled in front of me here in my small town... i followed it down some winding roads for a few miles before he pulled off... that car looked spectacular.. very nice....The only strange things was that the drivers head seemed a little high like it was sticking out of the car a little to far.. anyways the rt/10 was spectacular... it reminded me of why i was a die hard viper fan in the first place... great feeling

[email protected]

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After owning and driving a 1999 RT/10, a 2002 FE # 278, a 2003 SRT10,a 2004 SRT10, my 2008 is superior in every aspect.It's a mean lean driving machine
not that I didn't love my other ones especially my FE. Dodge really made improvements that really pushed this car on to another level.
http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/IMG_0300.JPG
At the dealer about an hour before I drove it home.