'08 Headers

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
\'08 Headers

Any thoughts that the new '08 headers might fit '03-'06 SRT-10s?

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: \'08 Headers

I highly doubt it. sounds like the entire '08 motor is going to be very, very, very different.

but i hope so!

OP
OP
Vipermann

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I highly doubt it. sounds like the entire '08 motor is going to be very, very, very different.

but i hope so!

I was just wondering because aside from the new intake and +1mm overbore, it sounds like the 8.4L uses mostly the same current 8.3L head and block castings ...

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Vipermann,

If you look at the above thread "What's UP? Dodge didn't show it today!" there's a post with a link that gives a lot of info about the 2008 and the engine is completely different including the heads which are much improved - bigger valves and over 10 to 1 compression.

OP
OP
Vipermann

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Vipermann,

If you look at the above thread "What's UP? Dodge didn't show it today!" there's a post with a link that gives a lot of info about the 2008 and the engine is completely different including the heads which are much improved - bigger valves and over 10 to 1 compression.

I did read all that, and it still sounds to me like the head ports will be the same ... lighter valves and higher compression don't necessarily mean different heads ... they even developed some unique "cam within a cam" so the engine wouldn't have to be radically reconfigured.

I could be wrong -- that's for sure, but it would be great if some of the '08 bits worked as upgrades on the '03-'06s. If nothing else, we now have another tire option.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

If I was to guess, it will share the block with the 03's (plus 1mm overbore, new rods/pistons) the heads, intake, and control system will be totally new. Chances are, the VVT system is contained in the heads and controls either the lifters or rockers, not the block or actual camshaft. It could make for some really interesting combinations if that is the case.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

08 Heads are new. Larger valves, different valve angles, larger ports and different injector placement will require different headers. From a reliable source.

My guess, aftermarket heads for our 03 - 06 SRT's that will be very close if not exact copies of the 08 heads should be avaialable by late summer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4