08 Mopar, Lemke, Vipair hood w/ stripes?

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting an 08 style hood for my 06 blue/white coupe. Does anyone have any pics of these hoods with stripes painted (not necessarily blue/white). I wanted to see how the stripes looked compared with each other. I like the Vipair hood, but am concerned that stripes wouldn't look right due to the bigger bulge. Thanks!

rtigert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am particular to Jeff's products; as they are the only one that I have 1st hand knowledge of. That being said, Jeff's products EXCEED the factory fit/finish!
You must be registered for see images

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To clarify, the hood used on the Viper above (Street Serpent #6) is a factory 08 hood, not a aftermarket. The OEM hood is very good.

Jeff

ZO6KLR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am a fan of the wider stripes as well. I will be purchasing an '08 hood soon and will be going with the wide stripes. Also going to run them through the license plate area similar to the '96 GTS.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
remember these stripes

You must be registered for see images attach

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Achilles,

I didn't like the stripe going through the vents so I went for a tapered look, wider at the windhield to match the width of the roof stripes, then tapered to narrow at the bumper like the '08.

08_front.JPG

Last edited:

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW the wide stripes are the stock width of '06 cars

I like em all in order from best

1...Jeff L(AP Engineering) hood in Carbon Fibre if he'd do it(raw CF no paint) OR Vipair in CF(raw CF no paint) whichever is cheaper
2...Jeff L's or Mopar painted stock silver

I think any of the above would look fantastic

Last edited:

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Achilles,

I have been meaning to paint one of my hoods for either my 06 FE or my 06 VCA coupe, I think I may just have to do that this weekend and see how it turns out. I will post picks in the next week to show the outcome and the choice ( red or blue )

I'm thinking of getting an 08 style hood for my 06 blue/white coupe. Does anyone have any pics of these hoods with stripes painted (not necessarily blue/white). I wanted to see how the stripes looked compared with each other. I like the Vipair hood, but am concerned that stripes wouldn't look right due to the bigger bulge. Thanks!

OP
OP
A

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Treesnake - I think I like this pic the best. Which hood is this exactly?

Achilles,

I didn't like the stripe going through the vents so I went for a tapered look, wider at the windhield to match the width of the roof stripes, then tapered to narrow at the bumper like the '08.

08_front.JPG

Redtan - I'm trying to keep my 06 blue/white wide bumper stripe (ie only changing out the hood), otherwise I'd consider this taper job. Looks great! For clarity, which hood is yours exactly?

Achilles,

I have been meaning to paint one of my hoods for either my 06 FE or my 06 VCA coupe, I think I may just have to do that this weekend and see how it turns out. I will post picks in the next week to show the outcome and the choice ( red or blue )

GTS-R - Definitely post pics, which hood do you have?

I still can't tell the difference between a few hoods that people mention. I assume that Jeff's hood is similar to the 08 hood (smaller hood bulge), and the Vipair 08 style hood has a larger, more aggressive hood bulge? I've found a few threads with different pics, but none that directly compare a Vipair, Lemke, and Mopar hood (I can't tell the difference depending on angle). If anyone has pricing and source info for these hoods, I'd appreciate it. PM's are fine if prices are taboo to post publicly.

Thanks for all of the input! I just bought the 06 coupe, promised myself I would keep it stock and not modify it. I figure a new hood is not really a modification, since it can easily be reversed :)

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back in a Viper again, huh? This makes what, #10 or so? :) Come hang out with us on October 18th and run it around AMS!!

http://forums.viperclub.org/georgia...es-against-******-cancer-charity-run-ams.html

OP
OP
A

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha, yep... couldn't stay away. Took a few months, but I'm back. If I have the car by the 18th (which I should, but I don't want to jinx the shipping company), AMS sounds pretty cool! Incidentally, I have an RV at Turn 10a/b this weekend (Oct. 4th) for the Petit Le Mans (spot #1). Same spot as the last 7-8 years. Will have 3 LCD's set up with track cameras, Speedvision feed, and Forza2 running Road Atlanta of course. If anyone is coming to the race, please drop by! Chad - Feel free to post to the Atlanta VCA email list.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha, yep... couldn't stay away. Took a few months, but I'm back. If I have the car by the 18th (which I should, but I don't want to jinx the shipping company), AMS sounds pretty cool! Incidentally, I have an RV at Turn 10a/b this weekend (Oct. 4th) for the Petit Le Mans (spot #1). Same spot as the last 7-8 years. Will have 3 LCD's set up with track cameras, Speedvision feed, and Forza2 running Road Atlanta of course. If anyone is coming to the race, please drop by! Chad - Feel free to post to the Atlanta VCA email list.

Damnit, I have to work tomorrow and Saturday, so I can't go this year :mad::mad: I'll send out an email tonight, thanks for the offer. Sorry I can't take advantage of it! :mad::mad:

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Redtan - I'm trying to keep my 06 blue/white wide bumper stripe (ie only changing out the hood), otherwise I'd consider this taper job. Looks great! For clarity, which hood is yours exactly?

Achilles,

It's a stock MOPAR hood. I got a great deal on a new bumper. I'd think JonB could sell you a solid painted one for around $500 or so if you wanted to go the tapered route.

Keep asking people to post or look in the gallery, I've seen Jeff's hood in a few places and you can take a look at his website. Same with Vipair, he has some good pictures posted. Their all different and there all good. As for prices, call Jeff and Vipair, mopar's are listed all over ebay. It's a buyers market and some great deals.

Also, better plan to hold on to your '06 hood, not to many buyers looking for the old style ones. Good luck.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to see more pics of the Vipair hood, I think this is the one with a slightly more aggressive cowl rise to it. I too think the hood 'upgrade' would make a huge impact to freshening up the car ... sounds like a great winter project.

viper k

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think the tapered look on redtan viper is second to none very nice

OP
OP
A

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTS-R,

Thanks! I'm sure a lot of people would like to see that combo on your hood. Please PM me (or post publicly, I think you may be one of the few who do) your pricing on painted and unpainted hoods. Do I hear a group buy coming?

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are some pics from earlier today, the hood was still wet and the vents were filled with red painted paper and the hood is OPEN, Can't wait to see it tomorrow with the car washed and detailed.

The next 2 are pics of the hood in black

Vipair08stylehood3.jpg

Vipair08stylehood4.jpg

Vipair08stylehood1.jpg

Vipair08stylehood2.jpg

Brendonhood1.jpg

Brendonhood2.jpg