08 Spotted in Orlando on Trailer

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I'm down in Orlando on business, on my way back from the airport on Sunday I saw a Ford Excursion towing a Venom Red with Silver Stipe vert. Looked very sharp!

Is this anyone here?

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now there is someone doing something about global warming!!!
Speeding it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sad when the family truckster gets 1/2 the mileage your V10 supercar does.
I do not miss the excursion mileage.:lmao::lmao:

MKB96Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I was on the way to Bradenton to run Sunday. Thats funny that someone spotted it. We had a blast and she ran better than I could drive. :rolaugh:
Took two passes on the stock PS2's and ran 11.7 and 11.8 with 2.1 and 2.0 60' times at 125mph. Then bolted on the Hoosier A6's and ran 11.5 and 11.4 with 1.87 and 1.84 60' times. The car has a GREAT deal more in it but I didn't have enough seat time. I really think it will run very low 11's if not a 10 with more seat time.The Hoosiers are great and never spun. The stock gearing is making a launch very challenging. I have had two bolt on Vipers(1996 & 2000) before this one and they both had 3.72 gears and ran 11.7's and 11.8's also on drag radials. I think with some 3.45 gears I can get this beast in the 10's on the Hoosiers. Yes, the car is stock except the Hoosiers so don't beat on me about that. I track the car and don't want to waste the stock PS2's. Any suggestions on launching it???
Left at 4,000 rpm's and she hooked, bogged, and then took off. That run was the 11.4 pass at 125mph. It was 80 degrees at the time about 5:00pm Sunday in Bradenton. I love this car!

Keith

MKB96Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Excursion is a diesel. No problem with fuel mileage. Its the best tow vehicle around and carries all the goodies and family!

OP
OP
J

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I was on the way to Bradenton to run Sunday. Thats funny that someone spotted it. We had a blast and she ran better than I could drive. :rolaugh:
Took two passes on the stock PS2's and ran 11.7 and 11.8 with 2.1 and 2.0 60' times at 125mph. Then bolted on the Hoosier A6's and ran 11.5 and 11.4 with 1.87 and 1.84 60' times. The car has a GREAT deal more in it but I didn't have enough seat time. I really think it will run very low 11's if not a 10 with more seat time.The Hoosiers are great and never spun. The stock gearing is making a launch very challenging. I have had two bolt on Vipers(1996 & 2000) before this one and they both had 3.72 gears and ran 11.7's and 11.8's also on drag radials. I think with some 3.45 gears I can get this beast in the 10's on the Hoosiers. Yes, the car is stock except the Hoosiers so don't beat on me about that. I track the car and don't want to waste the stock PS2's. Any suggestions on launching it???
Left at 4,000 rpm's and she hooked, bogged, and then took off. That run was the 11.4 pass at 125mph. It was 80 degrees at the time about 5:00pm Sunday in Bradenton. I love this car!

Keith

Well, you looked good out there on the highway!:2tu: Best of luck with the car!

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All Excursions are not diesels. Some had the Triton V-10 gas guzzler.

Great to hear that you have gotten a chance to put the '08 on the track. Keep us posted as you get more seat time and times drop.

MKB96Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, this is Keith that used to have a relatively quick 96 Impala. That was a long time ago. Who is asking?
I do find it interesting that it took thousands of $$$ and seven years to get that Impala to run mid 11's and now you buy the car, put on some sticky tires, and run 11's!! My how times have changed for the better! :D
I will keep you posted as the times come down. I have to honest and tell you that new gears are on the way. You can tear up too much stuff trying to launch that hard with the 3.07 gears. Not worth bragging rights to tear up axles etc.. and say you ran a 10 second pass. I will install the 3.45's and run a high 10 with sticky tires and still have the stock filters and exhaust. :rolaugh:

My buddies new Z06 has 3.42 gears so I will make the odds more even. They are our biggest domestic rival besides bikes. :lmao:

How do I get my Avitar changed. I am also a Venom member.

Thanks guys,
Keith

RogerDodger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Keith B.

I have ex. JPG's Beasst. Still haven't pulled the trigger on a Viper yet. Every year I think I'm getting closer, it's just family and business commitments keep me too occupied. I've been lurking on this forum for a number of years and finally registered last year, so I must be getting closer :)

If I could find a collector or serious buyer for the Beasst, I might make the switch. I am very passionate about the car and would dearly like to see it go to a good home.

Let me know next time you are heading to Bradenton. I am also curious to know how JPG's new project is coming along. Did he go to Bradenton?

Best regards to you and your family.

Keep in touch.

Roger & out!

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Keith

I had the same issue with my Kumho V700(THANKS SIMMS!!!) when I put them on my ACR. I was so afraid of snapping a half-shaft I wouldn't launch at more than 2500rpm. On the launch it would hook...bog then take off like a bat out of hell, spining at the top of 1st and on the shift to 2nd. I ended up with a 11.1@131 the 60ft was still a 1.8. I'm not the greatest drag racer, but here is what I'm going to do the next time. I'm taking a pair of stock half-shafts with me incase I bust something (yes, I got them cheap...$100).

I'll rev to 4500rpm then slip the clutch out as fast as possible without bogging/spining, then feed all the power power the tires will hold. Then just shift as hard as possible at 6k and hold on. That's the plan for March 1st at Bradenton. I hope to see you there. I figure if I get my 60ft down to a nice 1.7 or 1.6, I'll be sitting nice in the high 10's.

I would love to have a chance to run another Viper. If you live in Orlando, maybe next weekend we can goto Bithlo for some fun runs on a Weds or Friday.

MKB96Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Disturbed,
I would be glad to meet you in Orlando soon or in Bradenton. Let me know when you plan to go back out.

Keith

ps: That was Chett.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang