08 SRT10 v ZR1 comments in Car and Driver article...

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You cant be serious can you???Riiight you stick your head in the sand and pretend that it doesnt exist because its not on sale officially yet....Im sure you didnt compare the preproduction numbers of the 08 Viper vs the production Z06 like the rest of us right???Or does your rule only apply to Vettes :rolleyes: ....Your argument is pointless...

You can't compare something that isn't made yet, and still in the rumor stages. What matters is what's real, not what he said he said. What I can guarantee is that what you hear now is not what comes out.

For the record... I DIDN'T compare concept rumor Viper specs to anything, because that would have been pointless. Viper owners that do the "well the NEXT Viper that I heard about from so and so, (wink wink nudge nudge) will whoop all your @$$e$" are idiots too. Yeah... thats probably you. :rolleyes:

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can't compare something that isn't made yet, and still in the rumor stages. What matters is what's real, not what he said he said. What I can guarantee is that what you hear now is not what comes out.

For the record... I DIDN'T compare concept rumor Viper specs to anything, because that would have been pointless. Viper owners that do the "well the NEXT Viper that I heard about from so and so, (wink wink nudge nudge) will whoop all your @$$e$" are idiots too. Yeah... thats probably you. :rolleyes:

Methinks you might be the idiot..You are probably the only guy that thinks the ZR1 is still in concept/rumor phase :lmao: Must be lonely with your head in the sand.........Teh numbers Ive seen were from GM werent they? where is the he said, "she" said in that???The car will be at the Detroit Auto show in January....the car is real regardless of wheather its for sale or not....

The only part of your argument that has any validity is that the numbers on the ZR1 that were released were ballpark...It will not be less than 620hp but may be more...this notion of it not being real because you cant buy one YET is stupid as hell....

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Methinks you might be the idiot..You are probably the only guy that thinks the ZR1 is still in concept/rumor phase :lmao: Must be lonely with your head in the sand.........Teh numbers Ive seen were from GM werent they? where is the he said, "she" said in that???The car will be at the Detroit Auto show in January....the car is real regardless of wheather its for sale or not....

The only part of your argument that has any validity is that the numbers on the ZR1 that were released were ballpark...It will not be less than 620hp but may be more...this notion of it not being real because you cant buy one YET is stupid as hell....

Ballpark = rumor.

No one is arguing if it'll come out. But until it's ready to go into production, any number thrown out here is conjecture, and silly to compare to a car already in owners' hands. The RUMORED numbers are impressive, but the point is... there IS no point comparing the two... just like comparing stock to mod.

Back to your regularly scheduled idiots. :rolleyes:

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ballpark = rumor.

No one is arguing if it'll come out. But until it's ready to go into production, any number thrown out here is conjecture, and silly to compare to a car already in owners' hands. The RUMORED numbers are impressive, but the point is... there IS no point comparing the two... just like comparing stock to mod.

Back to your regularly scheduled idiots. :rolleyes:

Takes one to know one as we are both arguing over semantics..We just have to agree to disagree..happy new year idiot:)

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry... not gonna share that podium with you. Nice try though. Play again soon! :eater:

Oh Im sorry it wasnt a choice once you said it doesnt exist/concept/not real etc....Your free membership card was already processed and is in the mail:lmao:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh Im sorry it wasnt a choice once you said it doesnt exist/concept/not real etc....Your free membership card was already processed and is in the mail:lmao:

I never said there wasn't going to be a ZR1... but if it's not in manufacturing and ready to be sold to consumers, the specs are not real... they are rumors at best. What you read now will not be what gets in the hands of the consumer... so what's the point?

In a game where a fraction of a second counts, "ballpark" figures mean nothing when doing a comparison.

Nice to see you're a lifetime member. :rolleyes:

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never said there wasn't going to be a ZR1... but if it's not in manufacturing and ready to be sold to consumers, the specs are not real... they are rumors at best. What you read now will not be what gets in the hands of the consumer... so what's the point?

In a game where a fraction of a second counts, "ballpark" figures mean nothing when doing a comparison.

Nice to see you're a lifetime member. :rolleyes:

Sarcasm and wit are lost on you.....lower your nose already...You really take this internet stuff seriously dont you......:crazy2:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sarcasm and wit are lost on you.....lower your nose already...You really take this internet stuff seriously dont you......:crazy2:

You mistaken sarcasm for ineffective argument. I don't "take" internet stuff seriously... I am in person as I am here. Unlike you, I'm not any smarter, tougher or funnier online. :rolleyes:

Yeah... THAT was sarcasm. ;)

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If they used an open field they could have compared a $225,000 Hennessey Venom 1000R and compared that to a million dollar + Veyron. That would be cool. I think the Hennesey would maybe be faster, but that Veyron "air brake" would probably cause the competition win to go to the Veyron.
Ted

It's been done.

Road & Track, Sept 2007. The Fly Navy Venom wins the “Speed Kings” test of fastest car to 200 MPH

Video of their test: YouTube - Hennessey Twin Turbo Dodge Viper SRT

Road & Track Magazine - Hennessey Venom 1000 Twin Turbo Viper (9/2007)

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You mistaken sarcasm for ineffective argument. I don't "take" internet stuff seriously... I am in person as I am here. Unlike you, I'm not any smarter, tougher or funnier online. :rolleyes:

Yeah... THAT was sarcasm. ;)

Oooh you are a witty one tsk tsk tsk:rolleyes: I guess you are just as corny in real life as on here:lmao: You can take my steering this away from getting too stupid as a sign of "ineffective argument" if it makes you feel lofty..You are the man:2tu: .....

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been done.

Road & Track, Sept 2007. The Fly Navy Venom wins the “Speed Kings” test of fastest car to 200 MPH

Video of their test: YouTube - Hennessey Twin Turbo Dodge Viper SRT

Road & Track Magazine - Hennessey Venom 1000 Twin Turbo Viper (9/2007)

That test wasnt about 200-0 though if I recall...So I too would like to know how the Veyron would fair using that air brake against the cars in this latest test....would love to see the Veyrons numbers in a 0-200-0 test...