08 Style Carbon Fiber Hood,

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here we go, here is my version ( Vipair Performance )of the 08 style hood in Carbon Fiber, these will be shipping soon and I will have pics of this on a car early next week.This hood will fit 03 to 06 vipers but has very close to the 08 style.

These will be available on a direct basis email or PM me, or you can order from Jon B @ Partsrack , Dan @DC Performance and others. See ur other products ( without VCA discounts listed at www.vipairperformance.com

P9260052.JPG

P9260051.JPG

P9260050.JPG

P9260049.JPG

P9260048.JPG

P9260047.JPG

P9260046.JPG

P9260045.JPG

P92600421.JPG

P92600411.JPG

P9260044.JPG

P9260043.JPG

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks great! Any weight differences from a factory SRT hood? What is your price on it?

Thanks,
Tony

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wayne, Tony,

THANKS!

I am pricing these hoods at a non viper tax price for VCA members of:
CF = $1795.00 +shipping
FRP = $1295.00 +shipping

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RICH,

Stock hood is approx 47 LBS

This hood is approx 28 - 30 LBS, these are hand lay up so there is a little variance between hoods

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WAY TO GO!! I like what I see. When you say "very close" where are the differences?

This hood was constructed by hand / eye, no 08 "real" hoods were used for measurements or mold making, so it is more of a "looks like" versus a carbon copy of the 08 hood,

Thanks

Steve

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks great only comment is that i would use black screening in vents to blend in better with hood color.

Sylvan,

based on your comment, I will offer with black or brushed aluminum, the nice thing is the customer can choose, they may even want to chrome the vents depending on car color.

thanks for the input!

Steve

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sylvan,

based on your comment, I will offer with black or brushed aluminum, the nice thing is the customer can choose, they may even want to chrome the vents depending on car color.

thanks for the input! Steve

We might even want to have the screens in VIPER COLORS......I can imagine the CF look bing 'too much' for some buyers, but with body-color screens? POP !

Of Course, partsRack will be 50-cents below VipeAir pricing, except Mondays, then +50c

Nice Piece, Steve

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This hood was constructed by hand / eye, no 08 "real" hoods were used for measurements or mold making, so it is more of a "looks like" versus a carbon copy of the 08 hood,
I don't mean to sound negative but in the past, the Viper hood has been a source of grief to many owners. Usually that's been with the Gen I/II crowd.

But has this hood been test fitted and checked for fit and gaps in comparison with the OEM hood.

BTW, great work. And a reasonable list price.:2tu:

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wayne, Tony,

THANKS!

CF = $1795.00 +shipping
FRP = $1295.00 +shipping

********!!!!!!! Could this be for real ? A vendor that actually posts his prices. I had to look again just to make sure.

P.S. Excellent prices and product to boot.:2tu:

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are some pics of the understructure, as you can see, we have done everything we can to give it strength and a stock appearance. This hood will line up perfectly with your stock airbox/intake for a perfect seal.

DSC02349.JPG

DSC02345.JPG

DSC02341.JPG

jpas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Your hood looks great. Are the expanded aluminum mesh screens glued in place or are they removable? What is the weight difference between the fiberglass and the carbon, and are these laid up with epoxy or polyester resins?

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wayne, Tony,

THANKS!

CF = $1795.00 +shipping
FRP = $1295.00 +shipping

Hi Steve,

Have you shipped my FRP 08 Style hood yet?
Waiting to hear from you.

Art

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve;

Looks like a very nice piece. Cost is very in-line as well. I have a couple of questions as I am considering this hood replacement:

1. I am only considering the carbon fiber hood due to the weight savings (which I will chew up with my future Paxton), thus I am curious if you can post some pictures of the backside of the carbon fiber hood? Is the backside fo the CF hood also laiden with carbon fiber? My hood on my Saleen S351SR has a real carbon fiber hood and the underneath has exposed carbon fiber. On my Saleen the top is obviously painted body color but the underneath is carbon fiber with a clear coat. It looks awesome, raw and mean. I am just wondering if the underside is exposed carbon fiber so I could carry a similar look to my Viper? If so, I would like to keep it that way and paint the top my GTS Blue body color with my silver stripes.

2. Secondly, are the vents on this hood and the hood scoop spread out enough so that the factory 06' "wide" coupe stripes can be easily applied without having to carry the stripes through any vents, etc. If not, is this something you are considering for future hoods? I say this because you mentioned that each hood is hand built, thus I thought I would ask. I, like many others I gather, would like the new 08' style hood on our 03-06 but when it comes to stripes, we want to not have them carry through the vents, etc. I also want to retain my wide factory stripes.

3. The height of the hood scoop, is it lower or higher than the factory 08' Hood? I am hoping a tad bit lower as I know a lot of owners feel the 08' Hood is a bit cartoonish in dimensions. I am just curious.

4. All factory mounts points, etc. are where they should be and this hood has been tested at speed correct?

5. Finally, what is your warranty on this hood?

In advance, thanks Steve for the response.

Rick