08 Vert - intermittent "clunk" during upshift

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an intermittent clunk sound coming from the back during moderate upshifting in 1-4 during clutch engagement...I can make it go away by riding easingh the clutch in gently, and sometimes it's not even there at all. Sounds like it may be related to the drive shaft...maybe the joints, or could it be in the tranny? Anyone else ever have this happen? It never happens on downshift.:dunno:

I have about 2700 miles on it now...it seemed to have started more recently and this car isn't tracked or pushed hard through the gears for the most part.

OP
OP
F

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lovely - and I have no warranty, as the car crossed border to its new home. I hope it's not the diff...and if it's only clunking and nothing more, I can live with that...unless it blows up on me. :(

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get a louder exhaust! :D

Reading that other thread it sounds like it could be anything. Good luck tracking it down and getting rectified.

Tony2

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
FastestBusaAround, while I'll stay out of the discussion guessing game for now, can you clarify your statement: "upshifting in 1-4" ??

Do you mean that this occurs when you shift from 1st to 4th...OR...does the clunk occur when you shift from 1st to 2nd AND from 2nd to 3rd AND from 3rd to 4th ???

Thanks !!

OP
OP
F

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No - sorry, I meant 1-2-3-4 etc...

Now yesterday, I put 100 miles on it riding around and it only seems to occur once the car has been running for some time...and if I ride the clutch a bit while up-shifting, there's no noise. It is coming from the rear though. could be transmission, or diff I'm thinking...one or the other. I doubt it's frame or suspension related as it ONLY happens during up-shifts. I haven't tried under hard load as it's very cold here and don't like taking chances when there's little adhesion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wesleyCrowbar