08 w/belangers & mopar PCM

alpha85

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a new 08 with 268 miles on it. I ordered a complete Belanger exhaust system, headers, cats & exhaust, Mopar PCM. I had the car dynoed before the install the car made 550rwhp and 520rwtq. After the install with 93 octane gas it made 595rwhp and 565rwtq. Thats about a 45 gain in hp & twq. I should get to 600hp or above with a K&N and a few miles on the PCM once the 93 gas has time to circulate through. This thing can fly.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Your power numbers are very good for a really fresh motor. Make sure you change the oil the first time at 500 miles, then 3000 miles after that.

We are going to perform some comparisons of intake manifold modifications and air intake changes in the new future, tests to this point indicate that there is some power to gained here. A good before and after test will let us get the real numbers.

We have had some good flow increases with the G4 cylinder heads, this could be another area of improvement.

99FRC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your power numbers are very good for a really fresh motor. Make sure you change the oil the first time at 500 miles, then 3000 miles after that.

We are going to perform some comparisons of intake manifold modifications and air intake changes in the new future, tests to this point indicate that there is some power to gained here. A good before and after test will let us get the real numbers.

We have had some good flow increases with the G4 cylinder heads, this could be another area of improvement.

sounds good...are you looking at porting the intake manifold??

99FRC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a new 08 with 268 miles on it. I ordered a complete Belanger exhaust system, headers, cats & exhaust, Mopar PCM. I had the car dynoed before the install the car made 550rwhp and 520rwtq. After the install with 93 octane gas it made 595rwhp and 565rwtq. Thats about a 45 gain in hp & twq. I should get to 600hp or above with a K&N and a few miles on the PCM once the 93 gas has time to circulate through. This thing can fly.

Nice numbers before and after!:omg:

OP
OP
A

alpha85

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No I think I'm done. I might do a K&N system if it really makes 19hp.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Our flow tests have indicated that a modification to the lower plenum and heads could produce another 40hp on a stock engine.

We have found a way to improve the lower plenum that increases flow and velocity much more than
what others have done before. We are really excited about this and cannot wait to test it.

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What muffler does Belanger use? Some have posted that the full system has a lot of drone.

Herc

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't these cars need a custom tune for the full Belanger exhaust or is the Mopar PCM sufficient?
Some of my friends have the full Belanger exhaust with the stock PCM but it sometimes throws a code. Mopar PCM is the solution not to get the CEL.

(What muffler does Belanger use? Some have posted that the full system has a lot of drone.)

Belanger system comes with Magnaflow mufflers

Reaction score
Without a PCM the exhaust will throw a cat inefficiency code when driven a lot at or under 1600 rpm. Drive it hard most of the time and no codes.

OP
OP
A

alpha85

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Mopar PCM is sufficient, its a plug and play system.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What muffler does Belanger use? Some have posted that the full system has a lot of drone.

Herc

I am using the stock mufflers on the Belanger headers/HF Cats....apparently the stock muffler is repordedly just as efficient as the belanger/Corsa...

The Mopar PCM has a spec'd demodulator to adjust to varied conditions as mentioned by Mark and others.......

Reaction score
I am using the stock mufflers on the Belanger headers/HF Cats....apparently the stock muffler is repordedly just as efficient as the belanger/Corsa...

The Mopar PCM has a spec'd demodulator to adjust to varied conditions as mentioned by Mark and others.......

I believe the Corsa actually aids scavenging because of the back wave from cancellation in the muffler chambers FWIW.

I also don't believe the 5 into one headers are the best headers as they lack midrange power compared to the tri Y. How much are you at the upper end of the tach compared to midrange??? :dunno:

99FRC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without a PCM the exhaust will throw a cat inefficiency code when driven a lot at or under 1600 rpm. Drive it hard most of the time and no codes.

very true...happened to me even when I drove it up and down the rpm range (1000-5000)

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have the exact same setup (including the Mopar PCM)on our 2008 ACR and no codes and no problems installed by DC. We also have no droan from the exhaust. On Dans dyno with 93 we made from 618-638 rwhp over 3 pulles. There is a posting by Dan on this about a year ago.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
CC Brian,

You really need to mention when posting your 600+ rwhp numbers that you were not on the in ground "dyno jet" at DC Performance like most of us (and most other dynos) when you mention your higher dyno numbers.

Those higher dyno numbers were generated on a type of dyno that attaches to the rear wheel hubs (without the tires / wheels on the drivetrain and the resulting weight and power loss).

Dan

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those higher dyno numbers were generated on a type of dyno that attaches to the rear wheel hubs (without the tires / wheels on the drivetrain and the resulting weight and power loss).

Dan

You mean a "DYNAPACK" dyno, I had my Jeep on it and it did show higher # than on a more common Dynojet.

You must be registered for see images attach

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CC Brian,

You really need to mention when posting your 600+ rwhp numbers that you were not on the in ground "dyno jet" at DC Performance like most of us (and most other dynos) when you mention your higher dyno numbers.

Dan

OMG, someone is suffering HP envy! I wasn't trying to infer mine is bigger than yours...I was just reporting what Dan Cragin posted. Next time I promise to keep my horsepower numbers zipped up.

Just kidding-the above was just a joke.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Our two dyno's do not give the same numbers but do give the same amount of hp change before and after when making modifications. We have made some changes to our Dynapack dyno so it reads about the same as the Dynojet. Correction factor aside Brian's ACR made more power than any other ACR we have ever had modified. Better fuel is part of the reason.

Reaction score
In Brian's defense my car made 615 RWHP on a Mustang dyno (twin roller) when we finished it and it only had 780 miles on her. ;)

Our two dyno's do not give the same numbers but do give the same amount of hp change before and after when making modifications. We have made some changes to our Dynapack dyno so it reads about the same as the Dynojet. Correction factor aside Brian's ACR made more power than any other ACR we have ever had modified. Better fuel is part of the reason.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dan, did DC Performance ever come out with their own controller for Gen IV's? I have the Mopar controller and the off-throttle idle is erratic. It bounces down to the point the lights dim.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960