09 ACR

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Local dealer (I have bought two Vipers and 7 other Dodges from them past 4 years) offered to order me a new 09 ACR and sell to me at invoice. Anyone really know what that is? They also said they could order it paint to match my Comp Coupe= blue like my 06 FE Viper. Any thoughts ladies and gentleman on this?

trojewski

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My '08 ACR, just delivered yesterday, came with an MSRP of $103270...That's NO nav... it started at the usual $101910 in Dec '07. Expect the '09 to go even higher.

ViperCr8zy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Trojewski - please post pics. Also, what were your options and do you mind posting the exact price of each? I'm curious to see how it compares with my ACR order sheet (and yet to be delivered car). Thanks.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Local dealer (I have bought two Vipers and 7 other Dodges from them past 4 years) offered to order me a new 09 ACR and sell to me at invoice. Anyone really know what that is? They also said they could order it paint to match my Comp Coupe= blue like my 06 FE Viper. Any thoughts ladies and gentleman on this?

I think the only way it is getting painted that color combination is if Prefix paints it for you.

OP
OP
C

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee, that's what I thought.Dealer though is one of the largest volume in the country so they might have some pull??? I thought that would be a big $$$ cost but dealer tells me no...they can get it done. Maybe because I also race a Comp Coupe they give special treatment? OR is blue going to be a standard new color for '09? I know they are bringing back white for '09 as well.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a chance. That color is not offered on an ACR or a standard car.There were numerous discussions about that and it's all about protecting the special editions. The FE's and the VOI cars. There is even a foot note to that effect in the color announcement. GTS blue is not even offered in 09 so I bet your dealer is reading the chart wrong and seeing bright blue, which is NOTHING like GTS blue.
Having said that, Prefix will paint any color you want but this would be a complete repaint plus
stripes. I don't think you would like the price.
And if I understand it correctly a car done to that level of custom would not be sent back to the plant for shipping and you or the dealer would be responsible for pickup at Prefix. Those are Dodge rules, not Prefix.

2009 colors with special edition protection statement....
Exterior colors:
• Viper Brt. White – NEW
• Anaconda Green Pearl– NEW
• Viper Red
• Diamond Black Pearl – NEW
• Graphite Metallic – NEW
• Venom Red Pearl
• Viper Brt. Blue Pearl
• Viper Brt. Orange Pearl

Interior Colors:
• Black
• Black/Red
• Black/Blue
• Black/Natural Tan
• Black/Med. Slate Gray

Stripe Colors:
• Brt. Blue - NEW
• Black
• Silver
• Graphite
• Stone White
• Red

ACR exterior colors w/ Black Tu-Tone and Red Drivers Stripe
• Viper Brt. White – NEW
• Graphite Metallic – NEW
• Viper Red

Previously introduced “Special Edition” color combinations are not available.

Last edited:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And this is bright blue. But still not offered on an ACR, see above.

Bright_Blue.jpg

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just came back from my local dealer 9-27-08, and priced my 09 ACR. :D
If I want it, it is priced at $103,120 MSRP the invoice price is $94,484 this includes ARC driver stripe and protection group (floor mats and Car Cover). My dealer also will sell to me at Invoice. :D
I am thinking if any dealer nation wide wants to sell me an 08 ACR at $90,000.00 I might be inclined to make the move now, :1up:
Even though I cant drive it until next spring and it will be a year old when I start driving it, I should say it would have to be an Orange ACR :2tu: to make me do it now!! :2tu:
Even if the dealer sells the car at invoice pricing the dealer still makes thousands the HB (hold back) is $3,067.00 this is the amount the dealer gets paid from dodge to sell the car. They make some more money on this sale as they get incentives from dodge paid on each unit sold ,either monthly, quartely, or yearly. I do not know what it is at this time.
:drive: Money burning a hole in my pocket whom is willing to deal. :drive:

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing's impossible, Lee. When I was at Saleen last year, they were doing custom work already and seemed eager to do one-off's and deliver them through the factory. See the article in Summer 2008 Viper Quarterly. All it takes is money...

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing's impossible, Lee. When I was at Saleen last year, they were doing custom work already and seemed eager to do one-off's and deliver them through the factory. See the article in Summer 2008 Viper Quarterly. All it takes is money...

Of course, you are absolutely right, but that custom work is NOT going to be a standard order as this guys dealer was saying. And I really doubt Saleen is going to do anything other than production painting, Prefix has the contract for custom work.

ViperCr8zy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Are you at all concerned that the '09 ACR may never happen, or at best happen in very limited numbers? If the the ACR's are built at the end of the production run like the '08s, there is a very good chance Viper will be sold or killed by then. I'd think any '09 order is a gamble on both delivery and price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi