'09 Prototypes in NC

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We had a wonderful opportunity last week to visit with the SRT engineers who were out test driving three gorgeous '09 prototypes. Everyone was so nice and friendly and we had an amazing time hanging out with them. Here are some of the pictures that we took:

You must be registered for see images attach

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Woohoo!! :headbang: ...

All of those colors look good next to one another ...I can't stop looking at the VB :D

I noticed the Blue lettering on the interior seat of the VB ...so that prototype has the Blue/Black interior ...can't wait to see more pics

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great pictures! Thanks for posting! I can't get over the ACR! Love it! It would sure look like lowered a little bit...

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great Pics-Like them all but the ACR would be my first choice if I purchase a 09

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That girly light blue rag top has got to go. Not near as nice as the darker blue. Looks like it needs a cup holder too. ACR looks great.

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A big thanks the the SRT Engineers, It was very cool to hang out with them. We saw actual proof that there will indeed be a viper in 2009, so all of you can stop the end of the viper doom and gloom, at least for this year.:)
The Bright Blue looks sooo good in person. Who ever ordered that color is going to be very happy. The Very Orange, is just that. If you have a problem with bright colors, the very orange is not for you. I loved it. The aero group was installed, but as explained to us, they barely finished the car in time and did not have a correct colored wing, and they wanted to take this car. The ACR, was what you would expect to see of the ACR, simply awesome. If I did not want a convertible, I would have ordered an ACR. :2tu:

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics but "prototype" usually refers to some mechanical changes and from what I understand, the '09 is identical to the '08. Has anything been changed besides colors? I agree with #91, that these bright colors detract from the aggressive look of the Viper.

OP
OP
S

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics but "prototype" usually refers to some mechanical changes and from what I understand, the '09 is identical to the '08. Has anything been changed besides colors? I agree with #91, that these bright colors detract from the aggressive look of the Viper.

My understanding is that they are essentially the same as the '08s but with some emission changes and maybe a few other small mechanical changes. But they were driving the prototypes to check out the changes that were made and to see how well those changes work. At this point, I, personally, would say it would be hard to improve on an already wonderful car!:D

There will be a new wheel option for '09 which I love and I think a lot of other people will like as well. I saw a picture and it looks great with the car. I believe it showed up in a picture on another thread on here not too long ago.

As for the colors detracting from the aggressive look, to each their own. I like the bright colors because it makes the car stand out so much and, to me, doesn't detract from the aggressive look at all. Plus, the 600 horses under the hood will take care of anyone's negative comments on the colors.:rolaugh: The great thing about the choices is just that; you have a choice. If you don't like the bright colors, go with red or black. There's something for everyone that way.:headbang:

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There will be a new wheel option for '09 which I love and I think a lot of other people will like as well. I saw a picture and it looks great with the car. I believe it showed up in a picture on another thread on here not too long ago.

Where???????????????????

We gotsta see it.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That girly light blue rag top has got to go. Not near as nice as the darker blue. Looks like it needs a cup holder too. ACR looks great.

Naah ...it could look really cool with stripes and lotsa stickers and numbers on the sides :smirk:

Kidding aside, I've always been more of a fan of the brighter colors on Vipers because it shows off the aggressive lines and panels on the car ...the darker GTS Blues, Blacks, etc. seem to hide some of the car's features, and you eye just sees the profile. I also love the way the black hood screens and black exhaust surrounds 'pop' off the lighter Viper Blue color...:2tu:

Slypopsracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
WOW! Great news and photos. I was in Charlotte on business that weekend and the girlfriend & I took in the SRT driving exp on Friday. Quite a lot of SRT activity around NC!!!

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics.

All of my Vipers have been lowered, so these stockers look a bit high ..... especially from a low picture angle.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Some more pics of the girl in the ACR would have been cool too...........

Also that front spliter/spoiler makes the car look waaaaaaay more aggressive.
I'm thinking i just might have to add that to mine and plus my car is lowered so it should look that much better!!!

Thanks for sharing the pics...

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
'09 Wheels? It was said there is a glimpse of them somewhere on an earlier thread ...WHERE???

OP
OP
S

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm still searching previous threads for this picture. I'll attach it when I find it. Unless someone finds it before me!!??!!!!:D

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The post was on the generation one and two forums but I think you can just go to the Ohio viper club website and look at the CAAP tour. There is a viper on the first couple of photos with different spoked wheels.

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The post was on the generation one and two forums but I think you can just go to the Ohio viper club website and look at the CAAP tour. There is a viper on the first couple of photos with different spoked wheels.

thanks, doctorbob, that was the post.:2tu:

V

Venomiss

I like this one the best with all different colors. Thank you for sharing them!

cheryl mccally

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the great pics! I would love to have a bright blue, orange, or red ACR! One of the '09 differences was rumored to be in the ECU. The fly by wire throttle response in the lower end of the RPM range is very sluggish in 3rd gear on the track. Down shifting to 2nd the throttle response if great but that takes too much time. It would be great if the SRT engineers could reflash that one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodiakleather